Hearty Split Pea Soup. This is a hearty split pea soup has a flavorful ham bone cooked with carrots, potatoes, onions, and a pinch of marjoram. This is the best split pea soup recipe! I've made it three times, and am making it again right …
Tag: pea soup
spicy black eyed pea soup. This collards and black-eyed peas soup is spicy, smoky, vegan, and low-fat. Make it quickly in the Instant Pot or pressure cooker! I've had a package So in the end, I took an old favorite soup, Lorna Sass' Collards and …
Possession-free Slow-cooker Split Pea Soup. Freeze Option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, thaw overnight in the refrigerator. This is the best split pea soup recipe!
I also will substitute some of the water with chicken broth to give it a little more flavor. Great recipe for Possession-free Slow-cooker Split Pea Soup. This soup will warm you to the bones on cold and wet winter days. You can cook Possession-free Slow-cooker Split Pea Soup using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Possession-free Slow-cooker Split Pea Soup
- Prepare of Dry.
- You need 16 oz of Split Peas, Dried.
- It’s 1 large of Ham Hock.
- It’s 3 medium of carrots, sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of Green bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 each of bay leaf.
- It’s 2 tbsp of parsley, dried.
- You need 1 tbsp of seasoned salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of basil, dried.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cilantro, dried.
- It’s of Wet.
- It’s 1 1/2 quart of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 dash of Sriracha sauce.
Set it to start cooking in the morning before leaving the house, and come home to a delicious meal that will satisfy even the biggest appetites. Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is a great way to make use of that leftover bone from your holiday ham. Cooking it low and slow is the best method for creating creamy, delicious split pea soup. Pour broth over and add ham bone.
Possession-free Slow-cooker Split Pea Soup instructions
- Rinse and sort the split peas to remove any foreign matter..
- Add all the dry group ingredients, in order, layered into a large slow-cooker..
- Pour in the water slowly. Do not stir..
- Add the worcestershire and Sriracha sauce..
- Cover and cook 4-5 hours on high, or 8-10 hours on low (preferred,) until peas are soft and ham falls off the bone..
- Remove bones and bay leaf..
- To thicken the soup, if desired, mash some of the peas..
- Serve hot. Sourdough bread makes for an excellent accompanying side..
These slow cooker soup recipes are just like mom used to make, including potato soup, vegetable soup, chicken soup, split pea soup, bean soup, ham soup and more. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bone; discard bone. Cut meat into cubes and return to soup or save meat for another use. Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. Layer ingredients in slow cooker in the order given, adding the stock last.
Crock Pot Split Pea Soup. You can cook Crock Pot Split Pea Soup using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it. Ingredients of Crock Pot Split Pea Soup You need 1 pkg of dried split peas. It’s 9 cups of chicken …
Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham. You can cook Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that. Ingredients of Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham Prepare of split dried peas rinsed very well (I do …
Split Pea Soup.
You can have Split Pea Soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Split Pea Soup
- Prepare 1 cup of split peas dry.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced celery.
- You need 1 cup of sliced leeks.
- Prepare 3 of carrots sliced.
- You need 16 oz of chopped ham.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 3 cans of chicken stock.
Split Pea Soup instructions
- Add all ingredients to pressure cooker.
- Set pressure cooker on soups and cook for 6 minutes.
- Release pressure enjoy.
Split Pea Soup (crockpot). Can you overcook split pea soup? Split peas take a very long time to soften, so you don't have to worry about overcooking them. For a slightly thicker split pea soup, remove about a cup of cooked soup, blend until smooth …
Instant Pot Cabbage Sausage Soup.
You can cook Instant Pot Cabbage Sausage Soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Cabbage Sausage Soup
- Prepare 12-16 oz of polish sausage, sliced.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- It’s 3 of carrots, sliced.
- You need 3 of ribs celery, sliced.
- You need of small head of cabbage, large chunks.
- It’s 2 Tbls of caraway seed, crushed.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- You need 4 cups of Chicken broth.
Instant Pot Cabbage Sausage Soup step by step
- Saute sausage, onions, and celery.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Seal vent, select Soup cycle and adjust the time to 18 min. Allow a 10 min natural pressure release, then carefully release the remaining pressure..