Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers). Enjoy man's best meat with liquor infused proteins delivered directly to your door! Order Your Premium Beef Online Today & Save! Tender beef, a creamy gravy, hot buttered noodles: this dish is a classic for …
Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup. I added dill for authentic flavor an used precooked roast to me it in an hour. Wish I'd found this ages ago! Goulash is one of those comfort food recipes that the whole family will love. Borscht …
Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup. We used curly kale for this recipe, but you could use any kale, as well as chard, turnip greens, beet greens, or collards. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside, reserving the water.
It's okay if the kale is still a little wet from rinsing. The water will turn into steam and help it wilt, plus it will help dissolve the browned bits of sausage off the bottom of the skillet. The sausage and bacon in this creamy kale and sausage soup give it a wonderful savory flavor, while the potatoes add just a bit of healthy starchy carb content, the cream a touch of richness, and lemon juice adds a bright acidity that really lets the flavors sing. You can cook Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of large stem celery, chopped.
- It’s 3 of medium carrots, cut into 1/4" thick discs (or however you like to chop carrots for soup).
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Prepare 1/2 Tablespoon of oil.
- It’s 1 bunch of kale, washed well, stems removed, and rough chopped.
- Prepare of optional: 4 cups arugula or spinach (I just happened to have arugula that needed to get used up).
- It’s 6 cups of unsalted liquid (water or broth of choice).
- Prepare 1/2 Tablespoon of salt.
- You need 1 pound of sausage, cut into bite sized pieces.
- It’s 4 of tomatoes, chopped or one 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (I just happened to have fresh ones that were starting to get wrinkly…).
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 2 cups of leftover mashed potatoes.
Add to the pan along with the spices and bay leaf. Add sausage, potatoes, kale, and mushrooms to the stockpot. Add half-and-half and season with salt and pepper. Try serving this easy, hearty kale soup recipe from Martha Stewart as the main course of a light meal.
Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup instructions
- In a 4 to 5 quart pot, bring 1/2 Tablespoon oil up to medium heat and sweat onions, carrots, celery, and garlic until onions start to turn translucent. (About 3 minutes or so.).
- Add kale, arugula, liquid, salt, and cook, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Once kale has wilted, add tomatoes, sausage, bay, and oregano and cook, COVERED, for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add mashed potatoes and cook COVERED again for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Before the last 10 minutes of cooking, adjust seasoning if needed..
- Enjoy! :).
The kale soup will not only warm you up, but it will also give you the countless health benefits of leafy kale. Cook kale and beans: While sausages are cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. An easy one-pan sausage, kale and potato skillet that… This recipe ticks all the boxes—a little meaty, some dark leafy greens, and some starchy goodness. An easy one-pan sausage, kale and potato skillet that pleases everyone, from cook to clean-up crew. This sausage and kale soup recipe puts the essence of Italy right in your bowl.
Leftover Ham & Frozen Pea Soup. You can cook Leftover Ham & Frozen Pea Soup using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it. Ingredients of Leftover Ham & Frozen Pea Soup You need 1 tbsp of oil. Prepare 1 of onion, …
Yummy veggie and Turkey soup from leftovers. This Turkey Soup is filled with hearty veggies and tender turkey in a zesty tomato broth. It is pure and awesomely delicious comfort food perfect for Fall. My Leftover Turkey Soup includes all your favorite Italian flavors in …
Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup. Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup includes super yummy leftovers from the Riesling-Peach Glazed Ham and makes a hearty, healthy, and tasty dinner! Put your leftover ham to work and make it on the stove, in a pressure cooker, or in your crockpot! In a Dutch oven, bring ham bone and water to a boil.
This time I was thinking that I don't use lentils often enough and that a ham and lentil soup would be really nice. Lentil soup will accommodate lots of variations. Instead of curry spices, you could try an Italian blend of basil, oregano and bay leaf. You can have Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup using 30 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup
- You need of Base.
- It’s of Hunk of butter (or oil).
- Prepare 1 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 3 of carrots.
- It’s 1 tsp of flour.
- You need Splash of wine.
- Prepare 1 cup of stock (chicken/pork/veggie all work).
- It’s of Bouquet Garni (herb bundle).
- You need of Cheesecloth.
- Prepare of Butcher’s twine.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves, broken.
- You need 2 of allspice.
- It’s 2 of star anise.
- It’s 4 of cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black peppercorns.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fenugreek.
- Prepare 1 of dried chili pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s of The Soup.
- Prepare 1 cup of dry lentils (green or yellow).
- Prepare 1 of Tupperware of leftover roasted ham, diced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala (optional).
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Garnish.
- It’s of Chopped fresh cilantro.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- It’s of Croutons.
Any of your favorite vegetables will work too: green beans, peppers, corn or peas all work well here. This versatile soup makes an excellent vehicle to use up or stretch leftover meat from the night before. Add your delicious veggie mixture to a crock pot or large soup pot. Add the reserved lentil water until everything looks a bit too runny.
Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup instructions
- Cook your lentils. Wash dry lentils thoroughly (all sorts of weird stuff turns up in dry lentils, I found a piece of wood in mine). Add to a large pot of boiling water, boil for half an hour and drain, reserving water..
- Make your herb bundle. Double layer a square of cheesecloth. Lay all the things you don’t want to chew in the middle. Bundle it up, tying with butcher’s twine. Do not make my mistake and include veggie stalks – I thought it would be an easy way to impart more flavour, but forgot they would expand and stretch out the cheesecloth..
- Make your base. Melt some butter; sauté onions, carrots, etc. until soft. Add the herb bundle, push it around for a bit, then toss it in the soup pot. Add minced garlic, cooking briefly. Add flour and cook until nutty. Splash in the wine, scraping the bottom of the pan to get the good bits while letting the alcohol evaporate. Slowly incorporate stock..
- Amass the soup! Add your delicious veggie mixture to a crock pot or large soup pot. Add the cooked lentils. Add the reserved lentil water until everything looks a bit too runny. Add cumin and garam masala, if using, and salt and pepper. Cook on low for as long as you’ve got (1-3h) on low heat..
- Get some texture. Dig out the herb bundle and 2 cups of soup. Purée the rest with a hand blender. Return veggies. Fry ham (with basting sauce, if you still have it) and add..
- Garnish and serve!.
Add cumin and garam masala, if using, and salt and pepper. Lentil Soup with Ham has tender cooked lentils, vegetables, and salty chunks of ham that come together in a hearty, delicious soup! After the holidays, when ham is often on the menu, this Lentil Soup with Ham is a great recipe to cook with some of those leftovers. Your family will love this classic, slow-simmered lentil soup. The hearty soup includes carrots, celery, and onions, along with basic seasonings.
Taisen's Leftover Turkey Soup. You can have Taisen's Leftover Turkey Soup using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it. Ingredients of Taisen's Leftover Turkey Soup Prepare 1 of leftover turkey ( you can add in the legs with bones or pull …
Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup. Lentil soup on its own can seem bland and boring. But, add in some delicious veggies and leftover ham chunks, and you've got yourself an irresistible soup that every member of your family will love! Whenever we cook up a …
Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken.
You can cook Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken
- Prepare 1 of FOR SOUP STOCK.
- It’s 1 of Whole leftover roast turkey or chicken, all bones, scraps and bits and pieces.
- You need 2 of carrots, cut into chunks.
- It’s 2 of stalks celery, cut into chunks.
- It’s 1 large of onion, peeled and cut into chunks.
- You need 1 tsp of poultry seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme, dryed.
- You need 6 of black peppercorns or 1 teaspoon ground pepper.
- You need 3 of whole garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 of ENOUGH LOW SODIUM CHICKEN BROTH TO COVER ALL STOCK INGREDIENTS! IT WILL VARY DEPENDING ON SIZE OF ROAST.
- It’s 1 of FOR SOUP.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 of carrots, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 10 of button mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks, sliced.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 clove of of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of 28 ounce can diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 cup of bok choy, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- Prepare 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of or more of leftover turkey or chicken meat, cubed, or sometimes I make little turkey or chicken meatballs and add them to the finished soup.
- You need 1 cup of cooked rice or pasta such as egg noodles, or what type you prefer, I used a wild rice blend this time..
- Prepare 2 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken step by step
- FOR STOCK.
- Combine all stock ingredients in a large stockpot, being sure everthings covered with broth, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 2 to 3 hours, with a cover ajar to allow for broth to reduce somewhat..
- Strain stock through a fine strainer to a clean large bowl, discard solids..
- At this point you need to degrease stock, the simple way is to chill overnight and just remove and discard top layer of fat, or you can skim it off with a ladel if you do not want to wait..
- FOR SOUP.
- In a medium saucepan, melt a tablespoon butter, add mushrooms and soften add onions and garlic, carrots, celery tomaotes with the juice from the can, thyme, pepper, hot sauce, broth and lemon juice, bring to a boil and simmer uncovered untl vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile bring your strained stock to a simmer in a large stockpot, add cooked vegetables and all liquid left with them and combine and simmer add bok choy, the cooked rice or pasta and cubed cooked meat, heat through, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve hot!.
Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup. Sausage, kale, and potatoes give a creamy Italian-inspired soup a hearty, rich flavor. Reviews for: Photos of Sausage, Potato and Kale Soup. Kale sautéed with Italian sausage, onions, garlic and white beans. After the sausage has browned, stir …