Potato Leek Soup. Get Access To Daily Recipes, Tips, Product Recommendations & So Much More! Potato leek soup, or potage parmentier, is a French classic. It's one of the first dishes I learned to make in culinary school, right after a proper omelet, because it's …
Potato Leek Soup#VeganContest. You can cook Potato Leek Soup#VeganContest using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that. Ingredients of Potato Leek Soup#VeganContest You need 5-6 of medium sized potatoes… Cut into cubes. Prepare of Leeks and a little red onion. You …
Potato Leek Soup#VeganContest.
You can cook Potato Leek Soup#VeganContest using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato Leek Soup#VeganContest
- Prepare 5-6 of medium sized potatoes… Cut into cubes.
- Prepare of Leeks and a little red onion.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s 2 cups of coconut milk…you can use vegetable broth or stock.
- Prepare of Spices and herbs(optional)..mixed herbs, paprika, red chili.
Potato Leek Soup#VeganContest step by step
- Get your ingredients ready.
- Saute your onions till translucent..
- Add in your salt, spices and herbs.
- Let it cook for a while before adding your potatoes.
- Add your milk… It should cover the potatoes and let it simmer in low heat for about 10-12 min or till the potatoes are soft.
- You can use a hand blender or a strainer too.
- Put your mixture in a blender.Add a little milk or broth for ease of blending.
- Here you go. Serve with your preferred bread.
Potato Leek Soup. Potato leek soup is simple to make, but first you have to deal with the leeks. They're notoriously sandy and dirty, and very good at hiding it, so be sure to wash them well. Start by cutting off and discarding.
To make this soup, cook chopped leeks in a little butter, then add diced potatoes, stock, and herbs. Whip up this simple soup as a starter for a dinner party or a light supper when you need a bit of comfort – it has a beautiful silky texture. Buttery, creamy, and made oh-so fragrant with the help of thyme and chives, this potato leek soup is the perfect companion to any cold. You can cook Potato Leek Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato Leek Soup
- It’s 3 large of leeks, cut lengthwise, separate, clean. Use only the white and pale green parts, chop. (See How to Clean Leeks).
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 cup of chicken broth (or vegetable broth for vegetarian option)*.
- It’s 2 lb of potatoes, peeled, diced into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 dash of Marjoram.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- It’s 2 tsp of chopped fresh thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of Tabasco sauce or other red chili sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 of Salt & Pepper.
Leek and Potato Soup is a thick and creamy classic French Potato Soup that starts with garlic butter in which leeks are slowly sautéed to bring out the sweet flavour. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Leek and Potato Soup, made with healthy vegetables and creamy potatoes, is rich and comforting without the need for heavy creams or butter. Perfect for lunch, dinner, or served as an easy holiday.
Potato Leek Soup instructions
- Cook leeks in butter with salt and pepper in a medium sized sauce pan..
- Cover pan, cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Check often. Do not brown the leeks..
- Add water, broth, and potatoes. Bring to a low simmer and cook for 20 minutes..
- Scoop about half of the soup mixture into a blender, puree and return to pan..
- Add marjoram, parsley, and thyme. Add a few dashes of chili sauce to taste. Add some freshly ground pepper, 1-2 teaspoons salt or more to taste..
Potato leek soup serves as the perfect simple base for any other delicious additions you might want to add. I love topping mine with fresh rosemary, thyme, croutons, or making a potato leek bacon soup. Potato leek soup is spring's answer to winter's potato soup. With the arrival of warmer weather, switch from a heavier baked potato soup to a light and elegant potato leek soup. This delicious potato and leek soup comes together in just a few minutes.