My Egusi Soup Recipe. Like I stated on the introductory page; Egusi (melon) soup is the most popular of all Nigerian soup. On this page, I also included a video recipe for this. Egusi Soup Recipe-This is an updated version of my Egusi Soup. If …
Tuwon shinkafa with egusi soup. Melon soup recipe You will need: A full pumpkin fruit cut into chunky pieces. A full chicken/ pound of beef ( either or both). Two big tomatoes, a big onion, ginger, chilli, paprika, grounded. This is simply rice cooked down …
Egusi soup. This soup is native to West Africa (Nigeria) and many of my American as well as Nigerian friends have enjoyed it. It is a great soup for those who like to try something different every once in a while. Ground Egusi seeds give this soup a unique color and flavor.
Particularly, in Nigerian culture, egusi is a popular with pounded yam. These seeds are rich in fat and protein, and add these essential nutrients into West African Cuisine. Nigerian Egusi Soup is a soup thickened with ground. You can have Egusi soup using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Egusi soup
- It’s 4 of tattashe(tattase)roughly blended.
- You need 10 of scotch bonnet roughly blended.
- You need 4 of small stock fish(soaked nd peeled).
- Prepare 12 pieces of goat meat(cooked).
- You need 1 cup of the Meat stock.
- It’s leaf of N50 ugu.
- It’s of N300 egusi.
- Prepare 1 of big onion(roughly blended).
- Prepare 1 of fresh ginger greated.
- It’s of Fresh mint leaf(chopped).
- It’s 1 of thyme(sachet).
- Prepare 2 of onga(stew & classic).
- You need 5 of seasoning cubes.
- It’s 1 of pich salt(optional).
- You need 1 of tspn Curry.
- You need 1 of tspn garam masala.
- Prepare 1 cup of palmoil.
The Nigerian Egusi soup, prepared with melon seeds, is prepared by most tribes in Nigeria in many different ways. It is known as Miyan Gushi in Hausa, Ofe Egusi in Igbo and Efo Elegusi in Yoruba. Nigerian Egusi Soup (Caking Method) [Video] Egusi soup is an exotic hearty food that will satisfy your taste buds. It is a staple in most West African home and it is an uncomplicated one pot meal that is often accompanied with swallows like Eba, Amala, Semovita, Pounded yam, Fufu, and the likes.
Egusi soup instructions
- Here are the ingredients need to make this soup.
- Start by adding ur palmoil in a Pot,allow to get a little hot then add ur meats,shallow fry them and then add ur pepper mix nd onion,.
- Stir it in all together then add ur egusi nd stir,cover with a lid and allow it to fry on low heat for 5 mins,by frequent checking nd stirring.
- Here it is after 5 mins,the egusi will start to be like tiny scrambled egg when fried proparly,then add ur stock fish.
- Followed by ginger nd mint leaf,stir it in alltogether.
- Then add ur meat stock and all the seasnonings nd spices,stir it in and fry on low heat for good 10mins by frequent stiring to avoid sticking.
- Add ur ugu leaf nd stir it in,cover the pot and let it simmer for good 2 mins turn off heat nd your scrumptious,yummy,tasty amazing egusi soup is ready,serve with anything of ur choice💕🤗.
Egusi aka Egwusi Soup is an exotic soup that is cooked, in various parts of West Africa and goes under different aliases. Egusi is a wild member of the gourd family, with very dry skin and bitter flesh but are extremely nutritious. What you find below is a delicious plate of egusi soup and fufu, a popular Nigeria combination. Egusi, or melon seeds, is a staple ingredient in many West African dishes and makes a great thickening base for soups and stews. Start by grounding the egusi into a thick paste, then add the meat and veggies and simmer the soup until the meat gets tender.