Cream of Reuben Soup.
You can cook Cream of Reuben Soup using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cream of Reuben Soup
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 32 oz of reduced sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of shredded Swiss cheese.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded corned beef (or turkey).
- Prepare 1 can of (15.5 oz.) sauerkraut, rinsed, drained and squeezed dry.
- You need 1 cup of half and half.
- It’s 1 small of onion, minced.
- You need 1 stick of celery, minced.
Cream of Reuben Soup instructions
- Heat a soup pot over medium-high heat. Add butter and oil..
- Sauté onion and celery until soft, about 5 minutes..
- Add flour and stir until well blended..
- Add broth and whisk until mixture becomes thick..
- Add the cheese, whisking in a little at a time until melted and incorporated into the broth..
- Add the meat and sauerkraut and stir..
- Stir in the half and half..
- Simmer for 10 minutes..
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and add croutons if desired..