Recipe: Appetizing Crockpot Posole Soup
Crockpot Posole Soup.
You can cook Crockpot Posole Soup using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Posole Soup
- Prepare 2 lb of Beef Chuck Roast.
- You need 5 cup of Water.
- Prepare 4 of Ancho Chiles (Seeds and Stems Removed) Can be found dehydrated and packaged this is what I used..
- Prepare 1 1/2 of Onion (Medium Sized; 1/2in Diced).
- You need 3 1/2 of Garlic Cloves (Good Sized).
- It’s 2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mexican Oregano.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 29 oz of Canned Yellow Hominy; Drained.
- You need 15 oz of Canned White Hominy; Drained.
- You need 1 can of Small Salsa Verde (Green Sauce).
- Prepare 3 of Avocados.
- Prepare 1 head of Cabbage.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Radishes.
- It’s 3 slice of Lemons (Wedge Sliced).
Crockpot Posole Soup step by step
- Add Water (Add a little extra if needed) and Beef Roast to the slow cooker, Cover on high for 3 hours..
- At the end of 3 hours, take out the Roast and add the salt, Mexican oregano, cumin, black pepper, Salsa Verde, ancho chiles, garlic,and onion to the water..
- Turn the slow cooker to low, cover, and continue to simmer on low for 3 more hours..
- Meanwhile, when the Roast is cool enough to handle, chop it up into regular-sized pieces and reserve it to add back to the soup later..
- After the 3 hours on low have elapsed, fish the chiles out of the broth and add them to a blender with a 1/2 cup of broth from the crock pot..
- Blend until smooth (about a minute or so) and add back to the crock, along with the Roast Meat..
- Lastly, Dump in your cans of hominy, season to taste (I added Garlic Salt to taste), cover, and let it all warm up another 20-30 minutes before serving. (Or until preferred heat temperature).
- For Garnish; Cut up the Avocados into long slices, Cabbage, and Radishes and put whatever you like on your soup bowl, Then top with a squeezed wedge of lemon juice. Enjoy! :).