Recipe: Appetizing Paleo butternut squash soup with jalapeno
Paleo butternut squash soup with jalapeno. The ingredients are quite simple: a squash, an apple, an onion, and carrots. A little bit of tartness from the green apple balances the sweetness of the squash, with some heat added by chili powder. This paleo butternut squash soup is a rich, creamy comfort food that's often loaded with milk or heavy cream and butter.
I make it all the time because it's delicious, but also because it's so easy to prepare. You probably have had butternut squash soup in the past, but this one, adapted to the Paleo lifestyle, is particularly interesting with its coconut milk base. Puree the soup with imersion blender until smooth, Stir in cream and adjust seasonings to taste. You can have Paleo butternut squash soup with jalapeno using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Paleo butternut squash soup with jalapeno
- Prepare 6 cup of butternut squash, cubed or 1 large.
- It’s 14 oz of coconut milk.
- You need 1 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 2 of Granny Smith Apple, peeled, cored and chopped.
- Prepare 2 medium of carrots, peeled, chopped.
- You need 2 of jalapeno, seeded.
- Prepare 6 oz of bacon, crisp and chopped.
- You need 2 tsp of paprika, smoked.
- You need 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper.
It is the most delicious butternut squash soup I have EVER had. And I've had a lot of butternut squash soup recipes. One of my favorite things about this paleo roasted butternut squash soup recipe is that the oven does all the work for you! Easily made in your crockpot, instant pot or on the stove!
Paleo butternut squash soup with jalapeno step by step
- Combine to 7 ingredients in a stock pot, cook on low heat for 4 to 6 hours..
- Blend or puree after 4 – 6 hours. An immersion blender is ideal for this. If you don?t have one, let your mix cool before transferring it to a blender or food processor..
- Garnish with jalapeno rounds, paprika and bacon..
- Salt and pepper to taste..
- Adapted from Paleopot.com recipe.
This easy healthy butternut squash soup recipe is a staple in our home during the fall. Made with only a few ingredients – it's quick to make and so. This butternut squash soup is everything you expect from a traditional butternut squash soup. It's sweet, silky, and slightly spicy. This butternut squash soup is a great example of how various flavors play out in one recipe.