Recipe: Perfect Bee hoon soup with dong cai and egg
Bee hoon soup with dong cai and egg. Garnish with lettuce, shallot oil, dong cai and spring onions. Serve with a saucer of sliced chilli padi with light soy sauce at the side. Fish soup bee hoon, is a Singaporean soup-based seafood dish, served hot usually with bee hoon.
Often used in fish soups. • Chor Bee Hoon: Thicker than regular bee hoon. Made from rice flour. • Delicious noodle soup made with rice noodle sticks (bee hoon) served with Asian-style fish balls and super easy to make soup will quickly become your favorite. I used packages of fresh udon noodles in my soup, but you can also use dry udon. You can cook Bee hoon soup with dong cai and egg using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bee hoon soup with dong cai and egg
- It’s of Main.
- Prepare 100 grams of bee hoon (rice vermicelli).
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of dong cai (preserved Chinese cabbage).
- Prepare of Other.
- It’s 700 ml of water.
- You need 1 of white pepper powder.
- It’s 1 of sesame oil.
Add the dry udon directly to the broth and let it cook for a minute or two. Soup is an important element on a Chinese family's dinner table. I'm salivating when I was looking at the picture, lol! I like steamed minced meat but not with Dong Cai.
Bee hoon soup with dong cai and egg instructions
- Give dong cai a quick rinse and drain to remove impurities while retaining its flavor..
- Boil water in a small pot. When water starts boiling, cook bee hoon for not more than 2 minutes..
- Add dong cai and crack egg into pot. Give a quick stir to the ingredients till soup turns milky..
- Serve in a big bowl. Add sesame oil and white pepper powder to taste..
But I know Dong Cai can make a dish quite flavorful 🙂. Sweet Corn Egg Drop Soup is a very popular Cantonese soup dish. I love sweet corn very much and it is a really easy and health choice for breakfast or as a dessert when dinner out in restaurant. There are two common version of sweet corn soup: one is with egg and the other one is with chicken meat. However, it is too high in cholesterol and sodium, and too low in protein and fibre to be eaten on a regular basis.