Easiest Way to Cook Delicious Sweet Hambone Soup
Sweet Hambone Soup. Leftover Hambone Soup – Use up your leftover hambone to make this cozy, hearty soup loaded with tons of veggies and chunks of sweet ham! This slow cooker ham bone soup is loaded with beans and veggies, it's the absolute best way to use up leftover ham! The SECRET ingredient to this soup is the Smoky Sweet mesquite seasoning.
Top hypernym for sweet hambone soup (broader word for sweet hambone soup) is thick soup. Use leftover ham or ham bones in one of these delicious recipes. Leftover Hambone Soup Leftover Ham Bone Soup ~ Use up your leftover ham bone to make this cozy, hearty soup loaded with tons of veggies and chunks of sweet ham! You can cook Sweet Hambone Soup using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Hambone Soup
- You need 5 of Strips Of Thick Smoked Bacon.
- You need 2 of Garlic Cloves, Minced.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chopped Onion.
- It’s 10 cup of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 2 can of Crushed Tomatoes, Juice and All.
- It’s 1 1/4 lb of Meaty Ham Bone.
- You need 1 of A Few Big Squirts Of Ketchup.
- You need 3 cup of Canned Cannellini Beans, Drained and Rinsed.
- You need 2 cup of Chopped Ham (saved from your holiday ham).
- You need 2 cup of Chopped Carrots.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chopped Celery.
- Prepare 2 cup of Cubed Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 cup of Cabbage, Chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of Brown Sugar, Adding a bit at a time to reach desired sweetness.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of Ginger Powder.
- You need 1/2 of tsp. Dried Mustard.
- It’s 2 of tsp. salt.
- You need 1 of Ground Black Pepper To Taste.
- Prepare 1 of Noodles Of Choice.
Remove the ham bone; when cool enough to handle, remove meat from bone. This soup has good flavor – depending mostly on the quality and taste of your hambone, but I would have to agree with. This hearty soup requires a good afternoon simmer, filling your house with the aromas of all things good and warming. Delicious, in-season vegetable ham bone soup is an easy way to create a healthy meal using a Home » Whole Food Recipes » Homemade Soup Recipes » Harvest Vegetable Ham Bone Soup.
Sweet Hambone Soup step by step
- Heat a large stock pot on stove. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels..
- Add onions and garlic to pot. Saute about 5 minutes..
- Add remaining ingredients, including chopped up bacon. Bring to boil. Then turn down to simmer about 2-4 hours..
- Remove bone before serving. Serve with your favorite noodles (I used small shells) and a nice crusty bread! Enjoy!.
Hambone soup, hambone soup Yeah tonight mamma's servin' up hambone soup Mr. Roster join Mamma churns the butter serves it straight from the pot Melted over cornbread served up sweet and. Place ham bone in soup pot large enough to allow bone to be fully covered by water. Add olive oil & brown ham bone until dark brown on one side. Add onions & saute until translucent & just beginning.