Easiest Way to Make Yummy Chicken Macaroni Soup (Sopas)
Chicken Macaroni Soup (Sopas). Chicken Macaroni Sopas is a rich chicken noodle soup dish that I really enjoy having during cold weather, or even on an ordinary day — usually in the mid afternoon. I have had chicken macaroni sopas ever since I was a kid. This soup has been my favorite; I remember having this every.
Boil water in a pot, add chicken until cooked and set aside. In med heat, add the butter, onion, garlic and carrots. Sopas is a Filipino macaroni soup made with elbow macaroni, various vegetables, and meat (usually chicken), in a creamy broth with evaporated milk. You can cook Chicken Macaroni Soup (Sopas) using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Macaroni Soup (Sopas)
- You need 1/2 kg of chicken (Thigh part or wings).
- It’s 1/2 kg of macaroni pasta (any shape is fine).
- Prepare 5 pieces of hotdog (any kind of it depends on your taste).
- It’s 20 of quail eggs (optional) or 8 regular egs.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 of red onions.
- You need 3 cups of milk.
- It’s 1 of quarter of a cabbage.
- You need of olive oil.
- Prepare of fish sauce.
- Prepare cube of chicken stock powder or chicken.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of black pepper.
- Prepare of sugar.
It is regarded as a comfort food in the Philippines and is typically eaten during breakfast, cold weather, or served to sick people. Try this creamy chicken sopas recipe to make chicken macaroni soup, Filipino-style! Packed with vegetables, chicken and macaroni, it fills you up and keeps you warm on a cold winter day. (Looking for another comfort food to keep the winter blues away? Chicken Macaroni Soup, also known as sopas, is a soup dish made primarily with elbow macaroni and chicken meat.
Chicken Macaroni Soup (Sopas) step by step
- First prepare and chop the ingridients. Mince the garlic and onion while thin slices for the carrot and cabbage, for the hordog just slices them horizontaly.
- On a small pot boil the quail eggs for about 5 minutes you can replace quail eggs with regular eggs.
- Prepare the chicken, as you can see i use the thigh part and wings because its much better for making a soup base than the breast part.
- Put some olive oil and saute the garlic and onion until fragrant then add the chicken and butter, season with salt and pepper, cook for about 10 minutes in medium heat. Flip or stir to cook evenly.
- Add the hotdogs and let them cook for another 5 minutes dont forget to stir them to cook evenly..
- Add the hot water and season with salt, pepper, fish sauce and sugar you can adjust depends on your taste and also add the chicken powder or cude to give that extra flavor on our soup base then let it boil on high heat for about 15 minutes (lid is on).
- On this part i add some hot water again because i noticed that water had been reduced and it need more water for the macaroni pasta. Boil for 10 minutes and add the carrots and macaroni (lid is on).
- Once the macaroni is already cooked add the milk, quail eggs(sliced or whole) and the cabbage then simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your food guys ☺.
This hearty soup is quite filling and can really be eaten as a meal by itself. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at Filipino Chow. Sopas is one of those Filipino dishes that can be a complete meal in itself. It has vegetables, meat An honest-to-goodness Filipino sopas is cooked by boiling shreds of chicken meat in water Once the broth is brought to a boil, then you can add in your elbow macaroni and simmer it until al dente. I have so many sweet memories of this Creamy Chicken Sopas that my mom always made, perhaps at least once a week.