How to Prepare Perfect Vegetable Soup
You can cook Vegetable Soup using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetable Soup
- Prepare of Option: I normally start out with 1 large can or bottle of V8 juice… fill the can or bottle with water and mix in 5-7 quart pot.
- It’s of This time I did not have any V8 juice. I used one 24 ounce of crushed tomatoes, filling the can four times with water. Added to pot.
- Prepare of While the liquids are cooking on low heat. Prep:.
- Prepare 5-6 of Medium potatoes, peeled and cut into large bite size pieces.
- You need 5/6 of large carrots cleaned and cut into large bite size pieces.
- You need 1-2 of large bell peppers cleans a cut into large bite size.
- Prepare 2-3 of large sweet onions roughly chopped.
- It’s of I save celery tops with leaves, I tossed in three for flavor.
- It’s 3-5 of fresh Cloves minced garlic.
- Prepare 8 of Roma tomatoes peeled and quartered, 1 pint of yellow and red grape tomatoes.
- Prepare of White cabbage roughly chopped.
- It’s of I add enough Raw sugar to cut the tartness. (I do not like tart).
- Prepare of I add 2-16 ounce bags of Small cut frozen vegetables to make up for peas, adding more carrots, green beans etc.. I like lots of vegetables.
- Prepare of Seasonings I use my favorites. Feel free to use what you like.
- It’s of I do not measure : dash of celery seed, cumin, paprika, Salt, onion powder, Roasted Garlic powder, dash of cinnamon (this cuts acidity).
- You need Dash of Nutmeg, I like lots of fresh ground pepper and kosher salt to taste.
- Prepare of Dried : Pinch of : basil, oregano, 2-3 bay leaves, Italian,.
Vegetable Soup step by step
- Sometime I cook in slow cooker all day. This time I cooked on top of the stove, on low all day..
- Taste carefully, adjust to your taste.
- Allow to cook at least 4-6 hours on low or until carrots and potatoes are tender..
- The great things about recipes, you can add what you like, take away what you do not like. Adjust to your liking and enjoy.
- Sometimes I can my soups. Yummy 😋.