Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Fiona's lentil soup
Fiona's lentil soup. Lentil Soup – super easy, cozy and healthy lentil soup that is huge in flavor. Loaded with earthy and aromatic spices with a little bit of heat. This is the BEST lentil soup recipe!!
Lentils are a great source of plant-based protein and full of vitamins and Making lentil soup is easy. The first step is to boil the lentils in water and broth and then simmer for. A light, healthy and flavorful lentil soup with spices, wilted spinach greens, and fresh lemon juice. You can cook Fiona's lentil soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fiona's lentil soup
- You need 1 of large brown onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 250 grams of split red lentils.
- It’s 1 of large grated carrot.
- It’s 400 grams of tinned chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 400 ml of low fat coconut milk.
- Prepare 500 ml of chicken stock (more if needed).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar (to taste).
Whether you want lentil soup with bacon or tomatoes, these hearty recipes for lentil soup are perfect comfort food. If you want a lentil soup that will quickly become a family favorite, I highly recommend giving it a try. The original recipe was my grandmother's, and it actually won first prize when she entered it at a. Lentil soup, made from scratch with simple ingredients.
Fiona's lentil soup step by step
- Fry onion in olive oil with spices.
- When onion is soft add grated carrot fry until soft.
- Add lentils tomatoes chicken stock and coconut milk simmer for 30-45mins.
- Check your consistency.
- Blend/blitz until liking eg lumpy or smooth.
- Eat with crusty bread xxxx.
- Add a teaspoon of sugar to taste if needed.
Lentil soup, made from scratch with simple ingredients. It's so healthy, filling and comforting, perfect to warm you up on a cold day. Lentil soup is a culinary wonder — it is creamy without any dairy, warmly spiced, and easy to make Essentially, lentil soup is everything we need right now. This lentil soup recipe is a few years in the. It is served hot and made with lentils.