Recipe: Yummy Turkey veggie soup
Turkey veggie soup. Try Our Vegetarian Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About Today. In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, saute the turkey, celery and onion until meat is no longer pink. In a large saucepan, saute the onions, carrots, celery and red pepper in oil until tender.
If you'd like, add a quartered onion with the. Skip the turkey sandwiches and try them in a soup that also takes care of the turkey carcass in the most delicious way. Homemade turkey stock adds flavor (and other good stuff!) to the broth, and also ekes every last bit of flavor out of the turkey bones. You can have Turkey veggie soup using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkey veggie soup
- It’s 2 of zucchini sliced and halved.
- Prepare 2 of yellow squash sliced and halved.
- You need 1 of small onion chopped.
- It’s 2 of handfuls baby carrots chopped.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves chopped.
- Prepare 3 of celery stalks chopped.
- Prepare 1 of can black beans.
- It’s 1 of can italian diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of split green peas (softened).
- It’s 3/4 cup of brown rice.
- It’s 4 cup of vegetable broth.
- It’s 3 cup of V8.
- It’s 1 tbsp of italian seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s of kosher salt fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground turkey meatballs.
- You need 1/3 cup of italian bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need of salt and pepper.
You can save time on this recipe if you already have the turkey stock made, but if you don't have any, the directions. Add water to cover well and boil until soft; Meanwhile, clean, peel and dice vegetables. I really love utilizing ground turkey in recipes. In fact, my ground turkey stuffed peppers are currently the most popular recipe on my blog—for good reason.
Turkey veggie soup instructions
- First chop up all the veggies. Use a large pot and put a couple tablespoons olive oil in it. Add carrots celery onion and garlic first. After about 5minutes add squash zucchini black beans and diced tomatoes. Add your green peas and the brown rice. Heat should be on medium..
- Next add your vegetable broth. Keep on medium and put the lid on. Wait about an hour. In the meantime you can make your turkey meatballs..
- Mix turkey bread crumbs egg salt and pepper. Heat skillet on medium heat. Form very small balls and cook about 5-7 min until done. Add to soup..
- At this point your soup may start to get pretty thick. You can add the V8 to thin it out. Or use more broth if you wish. I just had V8 so I decided to try it. Just add your spices salt and pepper as it cooks. May need to add more depending on how strong you like them..
- Let simmer for another hour or so. Until the green peas are completely soft..
- When done sprinkle with parmesan cheese or cheese of your choice and enjoy..
Be sure you don't miss it! I think that people may shy away from using ground turkey in their favorite recipes, but, I find that it's a tasty replacement for ground beef. Place whole turkey in a large stockpot. Add bay leaves, salt and pepper. I really enjoy learning about the health benefits of certain foods and why we should include them in our diets.