Easiest Way to Prepare Appetizing Potato and Leek Soup
Potato and Leek Soup.
You can cook Potato and Leek Soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato and Leek Soup
- You need 1 quart of chicken broth.
- It’s 2/3 pound of smoked bacon.
- Prepare 3 cups of chopped savory cabbage.
- You need 6 of medium sized potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots.
- Prepare 1 of leek.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/3 cup of parsley flakes.
- It’s 1 leaf of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sour cream.
Potato and Leek Soup instructions
- Chop the cabbage, peel the carrots, and fry the bacon. Wash and dice the potatoes..
- Cut the the carrots. Dice the onion. Wash the leek very well. Then slice..
- Add the butter and melt in the pot add all but the sour cream to the melted butter. Crumble the bacon and add. Simmer on low till all the vegetables are tender. About an hour covered..
- Take two cups of broth from the soup. Add the sour cream to the broth you took out and whisk till mixed well..
- Pour mixture back into the soup and incorporate well cover and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!!.