Cabbage soup. Reviews for: Photos of Healing Cabbage Soup. This Cabbage Soup recipe is one of the few recipes that you can sit down and eat as much as you want as often as you want and you can feel great about it! To make this simple cabbage soup you only need fresh cabbage, onions, canned tomatoes, chicken stock, and a few spices.
This is THE most adaptable soup. It's flavorful, incredibly healthy, and comes together in no time. Are you looking for a great recipe for your Cabbage Soup Diet? …You've come to the right place! You can cook Cabbage soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cabbage soup
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1/2 of medium onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot, diced.
- It’s 1 of large head cabbage, chopped.
- You need 2 (48 Oz) of box or can Swanson chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper each or to taste.
- You need 1/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 3 of potatoes, diced.
- Prepare 1 packages (14 oz.) of smoked sausage or kielbasa sliced.
Cabbage Soup is a savory vegetable soup made with carrots, celery, onions, cabbage, diced tomato and spices. I've been making cabbage soup for years because it's the perfect thing to make when it's. Cabbage soup, a tasty and easy way to include more vegetables into your diet. It's low in calories, but extremely flavorful.
Cabbage soup step by step
- Add flour and cabbage, cabbage will wilt down after about 8 to 10 minutes..
- Melt butter over medium heat, add onion and carrot. Sautee for 5 minutes. Add spices mix together..
- Add broth and potatoes, bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer. Taste for spices. Add more if needed. Also add the bay leaf..
- Simmer for about an hour when about 15 minutes left add the sausage. Enjoy!.
Cabbage soup is extremely delicious and easy to make at home. Do you remember the cabbage soup diet? It was one of those crazy fad diets where you were supposed to I'm calling this soup All You Can Eat Cabbage Soup as a tongue-in-cheek reference. Cabbage Soup Recipe photo by Taste of Home. My family loves this soup and enjoy it throughout the autumn and winter months in Michigan.