Recipe: Delicious Unstuffed Cabbage Soup
Unstuffed Cabbage Soup.
You can have Unstuffed Cabbage Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Unstuffed Cabbage Soup
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 of small yellow onion, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of minced garlic OR 2 tsp garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato sauce.
- It’s of Dollop tomato paste.
- You need 1/2 cup of uncooked long grain white rice.
- You need 1 of small head of cabbage, sliced.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of or so water or 1 can beef broth.
Unstuffed Cabbage Soup step by step
- In a large saucepan, cook ground beef and onion, do not drain.
- Add the garlic, tomato sauce and paste, uncooked rice, cabbage, salt and pepper and enough water and/or broth to just cover the cabbage.
- Bring to simmer then cover the pot and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the cabbage has softened and rice is tender.
- You may add more water or broth if it’s too thick for your liking.
- Serve with hot garlic bread and get ready to serve seconds! LoL.