Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Creamy Potato Broccoli Soup Recipe
Creamy Potato Broccoli Soup Recipe. Try Our Easy-To-Make Cheese Soup Recipes. Browse & Share Now w/ Your Friends! Made this soup mostly to directions.
The creamy factor to the broth is thanks to potatoes cooked in the broth that have then seen the bottom side of my immersion blender before the broccoli goes in. Don't worry, this easy potato soup recipe is still full of flavor and is creamy in texture. Be careful not to have soup at a heavy boil or cream will curdle. You can have Creamy Potato Broccoli Soup Recipe using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Potato Broccoli Soup Recipe
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 3/4 lb of broccoli, thick stems peeled and diced (about 2 cups), tops cut into small florets (about 1 quart).
- You need 1 1/2 lb of boiling potatoes (about 5), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- It’s 3 cup of canned chicken broth or homemade stock.
- You need 3 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of fresh-ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan.
Add enough cream to make soup look creamy throughout. Mix corn starch with very cold water and add to soup. Continue medium boil until soup thickens. In a large saucepan, saute broccoli and onion in butter until tender.
Creamy Potato Broccoli Soup Recipe step by step
- In a large pot, melt the butter over moderately low heat. Add the onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes..
- Add the garlic, broccoli stems, potatoes, broth, water, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the vegetables are almost tender, about 10 minutes..
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the soup to a coarse puree. Return the soup to the pot and bring to a simmer..
- Add the broccoli florets and simmer until they are tender, about 5 minutes..
- Stir the grated Parmesan into the soup and serve..
Stir in soup, milk, water, basil and pepper; heat through. In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Stir in broccoli; return to a boil. In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; stir into soup. This broccoli potato soup is pure comfort food!