How to Prepare Tasty Wild Rice Soup (family recipe)
Wild Rice Soup (family recipe). Enjoy Our Deliciously Crafted Chicken Rice and Soup Made with Real Ingredients. In a medium saucepan, combine the rice, oil and water; bring to a boil. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the onion, celery and carrot in butter until vegetables are almost tender.
Taste of Home has the best wild rice soup recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. Hearty Wild Rice Soup When I was a judge at a local fair, this soup recipe received my highest score. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. You can have Wild Rice Soup (family recipe) using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Wild Rice Soup (family recipe)
- It’s 1 cup of Wild Rice.
- Prepare 1 lb of Bacon.
- It’s 1 packages of Mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- You need 1 of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- It’s 1 pints of Half and Half.
- It’s 2 can of Cream of Potato Soup.
- It’s 2 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
Vegetable Stock: Or chicken stock, whatever you happen to have on hand. Autumn Veggies: Sweet potato, carrots, celery, onion, baby bella mushrooms and garlic.. To cut down on fat and calories, spray saucepan with cooking spray before heating. How to Serve Chicken Wild Rice Soup.
Wild Rice Soup (family recipe) instructions
- Make the wild rice as directed on the package. Usually boil 2 cups of water and add wild rice. Bring to a boil. Turn the heat in low and cover. Stir occasionally for about 30 minutes or until the water is gone..
- Fry up your bacon. Make it nice and crispy because you will be adding this to the soup later. I suggest baking your bacon in the oven at °400 degrees until crispy. My bacon always turns out wonderful this way. Set your bacon aside to cool down..
- Wash up your mushrooms and chop them up. Put them in a microwave safe bowl. Chop up your onion in the same size and add it to the bowl. Place the bowl in the microwave and heat it 3 times for 2 minutes each time. Stir after every time it finishes. Leave in the microwave..
- Put a large pot on medium low heat and put in both cans of the cream of potato soup. Add the half and half and mix together. Gradually add the whipping cream. When it starts to get good and warm go ahead and add the wild rice and then the mushrooms and onion along with the juice in the bowl because that adds alot of flavor. Take your bacon and crumble it into the soup and stir it in. when the soup is hot add the shredded cheddar and stir it in until it's all melted in. The soup should be on the heat for about 45 minutes from start to finish..
This soup is the perfect all-in-one recipe. In one bowl you have meat, grains, vegetables and dairy. When the rice is done discard the bay leaf. Stir in the heavy cream and shredded chicken. Serve in warm soup bowls and garnish with lots of fresh parsley.