Easiest Way to Cook Yummy [Farmhouse Recipe] Ozōni Mochi Soup (with Kyoto-Style White Miso)
[Farmhouse Recipe] Ozōni Mochi Soup (with Kyoto-Style White Miso).
You can have [Farmhouse Recipe] Ozōni Mochi Soup (with Kyoto-Style White Miso) using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of [Farmhouse Recipe] Ozōni Mochi Soup (with Kyoto-Style White Miso)
- You need 80 grams of White miso.
- Prepare 4 of pieces Round mochi.
- It’s 2 of Taro roots.
- You need 4 cm of Daikon radish.
- Prepare 4 cm of Carrot.
- You need 50 grams of Spinach.
- Prepare 5 grams of Bonito flakes.
- You need 1 of Yuzu peel.
- You need of A.
- It’s 400 ml of Water.
- It’s 3 cm of Kombu.
[Farmhouse Recipe] Ozōni Mochi Soup (with Kyoto-Style White Miso) instructions
- To prep the ingredients, slice the carrot and daikon radish into 1-cm thick rounds, cut them into preferred shapes, then boil in water until tender..
- Remove the skin from the taro roots, rub in some salt to remove the viscous texture, rinse, then boil in water until tender..
- Parboil spinach in hot water for about 40 seconds, quickly rinse under running water, squeeze excess water, then chop into 4-cm long pieces..
- It's convenient to prepare the ingredients, then stock them in resealable containers. I prepare them the day before New Year's Day..
- Put the A ingredients in a pot, bring to a boil over medium heat, simmer for 10 minutes, remove the kombu seaweed, then strain the miso into the soup with a strainer..
- Microwave the mochi until tender, add to the pot and simmer for about 1 minute. When adding in the vegetables cold, heat them in a strainer to keep them separate from the soup, (to make ease the process of evenly transferring them to individual dishes)..
- Serve the mochi and the soup in individual bowls, add the daikon, carrot, taro root, spinach, and bonito flakes on top, garnish with yuzu peel and serve..