Recipe: Perfect Lazy Dad's Signature Recipe For Onion Soup
Lazy Dad's Signature Recipe For Onion Soup. Stay warm with this GREAT French onion soup! With beef stock base, slow-cooked caramelized onions, French bread, gruyere and Parmesan cheese. I used red wine instead of white, added a smidge of worchestershire and red wine vinegar otherwise exactly as written.
With this easy onion soup recipe, you can enjoy homemade, healthy onion soup whenever the mood strikes. It only requires five simple ingredients! It's such an easy way to start a multi-course meal or, paired with a side salad and sprouted bread, a simple lunch or dinner. You can have Lazy Dad's Signature Recipe For Onion Soup using 5 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lazy Dad's Signature Recipe For Onion Soup
- You need 2 of Onions.
- It’s 1 dash of Butter.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 2 of Soup stock cubes.
- You need 800 ml of Water.
French Onion Soup made from scratch with caramelised onions and topped with the essential cheesy toast. Caramelising onions calls for patience, but it's worth it. Homemade Onion Soup Mix takes minutes to throw together and cost a lot less than Lipton's. I played around with Quinn's recipe a bit more – I wanted my own lower sodium "signature blend" of herbs and spices I could use at the folk's house so I started off with Herb Ox Sodium Free Bouillon.
Lazy Dad's Signature Recipe For Onion Soup step by step
- Cut the onions into thin wedges, and saute in butter over high heat. When the onions turn brown, add the water and simmer over low heat..
- Skim off the scum as it simmers. Add salt, pepper and the stock cubes. When the onions are soft, it's done..
- Make a lot and use in a Carrot Potage too!.
- Kabocha Squash Too!.
- Tomato Potage! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/154813-flavorful-onion-and-atsuage-simmer.
- Spinach Potage too!.
- Mushroom Soup made in a microwave! Delicious!.
- Corn Soup is easy too!.
- Salmon Rice cooked with this onion soup! It's rich and delicious!.
- Tofu Corn Potage Soup. Children love this. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/145893-drinkable-tofu-corn-potage.
- This is Lazy Dad's recipe for meat sauce. It's a family favorite that he cooks every week!.
- Lazy Dad's Hamburger Steak. This is also a big family favorite, and it's healthy too…
- Another soup has been added to Dad's repertoire.A delicious 5 minute soup! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/157151-daddys-specialty-amazing-japanese-leek-soup-in-5-minutes.
French onion soup is not just a forever favorite of mine, it's — along with the other recipes I updated this month — what I consider a core recipe in my arsenal because it aligns with so much that I think is important in cooking. It's totally budget-friendly (and downright cheap) to make. French Onion Soup makes a comforting, classic bowl of soup! Made with caramelized onions a slice of crusty bread and melty, delicious cheese! Includes stovetop and slow cooker methods!