How to Make Tasty Emilys Pea and Ham soup EASY PEASEY RECIPE
Emilys Pea and Ham soup EASY PEASEY RECIPE. This is a hearty split pea soup has a flavorful ham bone cooked with carrots, potatoes Very easy and filling! This is the best split pea soup recipe! I've made it three times, and am making it again.
Got a bag of peas to use up? Add the peas and stock, bring back to a simmer then. Loving this variation of Green Pea and Ham soup which is super fast to make, no soaking needed. You can cook Emilys Pea and Ham soup EASY PEASEY RECIPE using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Emilys Pea and Ham soup EASY PEASEY RECIPE
- Prepare 1 tbs of olive oil.
- You need Knob of butter optional.
- You need 2 of large onions finely diced.
- You need 3 of medium potatoes peeled & diced.
- Prepare 1 kg of frozen peas.
- Prepare 2 litres of really good ham or pork stock.
- Prepare of (I make my own from I ham hock).
- You need 600 grams of good quality ham.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 of large tbs of creme fraiche (optional).
So lunch on the table in no time. Another great way to make a similar soup is with frozen green peas which are often already in your freezer. As well as peas, the soup. Keywords: ham bone recipe, ham hock, Pea and ham soup, slow cooker soup, split pea soup.
Emilys Pea and Ham soup EASY PEASEY RECIPE step by step
- ON THE HOB! Lets get cooking ! Take a large pan, pour in the olive oil and butter (optional), turn it up to a medium heat. When the pan is warm throw in the onions..
- Keep stirring the onions until soft, then tip in the potatoes, stirring well so all the butter goodness covers them..
- Pour in the stock! Simmer on a medium heat, this should take about ten minutes or until the potatoes are soft..
- Throw in the peas. Note:- The key to keeping the soups so vibrant and bright green is to let them soften only for a minute, that's once they have started to simmer. Remove from the heat. And using a hand blender blitz to desired consistency..
- Add salt and pepper to taste, (if you are using ham hock stock be careful as the ham bone can already be quite salty) Pour into bowls stir in the ham slices. I added crème fraiche for the extra luxury. It's as easy as that! I would be happy to hear from you with any thoughts and questions. Enjoy!.
- This is how I make the ham stock, from a butcher a buy an un cooked ham hock, add it to a pan full of water, with herbs onion and carrot, simmer it for 2 to 3 hours! Skim off any scum. Lift out and take the ham off the bone!.
I love hearing Best Pea and Ham soup recipe! Easy to make and so tasty. Reminded me of my Nanna's which was always packed with flavour. Categories: Bean Soup Split Pea Soup Beans and Legumes Soup Carrot Soup Vegetable Soup Carrot Recipes Vegetable Tomato Soup Tomato. Sign up for the Recipe of the Day newsletter to receive editor-picked recipes, tips and.