How to Prepare Delicious Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe. In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. A few Broccoli Cheese Soup recipes have so little broccoli you need some sort of magnifying equipment to find it. For Stove Top: Pour soup into a pot or sauce pan.
You can skip the crock pot part and cook it until tender on the stove top or, if you need it ready after practice (my case usually) then you can finish it in the crock pot. This broccoli cheese soup is the ultimate keto soup recipe, and it doesn't take much to make it keto. Because of the recipe's simplicity, it's also perfect for Best ever Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free). You can have Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of large carrot, peeled and finely diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of milk at room temperature.
- You need 2 of heaping cups fresh chopped broccoli florets.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded + extra for topping.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of dried thyme.
- You need 1/8 tsp. of each dried oregano, ground nutmeg.
This broccoli cheese soup recipe is so creamy and I love the vegetables inside. They are so tender and add so much thickness to this broccoli Top you soup with extra cheese, crumbled bacon or ham and some chives for a full broccoli cheese soup experience. Hollow out a round loaf of bread. This post may contain affiliate links.
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe instructions
- Place the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add in the carrots and onions and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent…about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook a minute or so more, until fragrant. Then add in the butter and let it melt down..
- Gradually whisk in the flour in small batches. Whisk constantly until all the flour is added and incorporated. Mixture will be very thick. Allow the mix to cook for 1 minute, continuing to whisk..
- Whisk in the broth in small amounts, whisking constantly, until fully incorporated. Once all the broth is added, whisk in the milk and increase heat to med-high. Let this mixture come to a low boil..
- Once it reaches a boil, stir in the broccoli and lower the heat to med-low. Allow to simmer until the broccoli is tender…about 7-9 minutes. (If using larger sized florets, it may take longer). Then stir in the cream cheese and let that melt down into the soup..
- Stir in the seasonings and taste to see if you think it needs anything else. Then, if you'd like a less chunky soup, use an immersion blender to puree to the desired consistency. You could also use a blender or food processor in small batches, just be careful not to burn yourself..
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in both of the shredded cheeses until it is all melted and incorporated in. That's it, you're ready to serve!.
Ladle over steamed broccoli pieces for added texture. I made some slight modifications including increasing the amount of cheese to. This recipe makes the BEST broccoli cheese soup. This easy Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe is based upon Panera's, but if you ask me, it's better! If you love Panera Bread's Broccoli Cheddar Soup, you are going to be amazed with this copycat recipe!