Easiest Way to Cook Tasty My Egusi Soup Recipe
My Egusi Soup Recipe. Like I stated on the introductory page; Egusi (melon) soup is the most popular of all Nigerian soup. On this page, I also included a video recipe for this. Egusi Soup Recipe-This is an updated version of my Egusi Soup.
If you can't find Egusi seeds, you can substitute pumpkin seeds. Nigerian Egusi Soup is a soup thickened with ground melon seeds and contains leafy and other vegetables. Find out how to cook egusi soup with this egusi soup recipe. You can cook My Egusi Soup Recipe using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Egusi Soup Recipe
- It’s 1 cup of Egusi.
- You need of Meat (anyone of your choice).
- You need of Grind dry pepper.
- Prepare leaf of Uziza.
- Prepare leaf of Ugu.
- It’s 2 cubes of Knorr.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Crayfish.
- You need of Red oil.
Egusi soup is an exotic hearty food that will satisfy your taste buds. It is a staple in most West African home and it is an uncomplicated one pot meal I have made one Egusi recipe before and ever since I made that version of Egusi soup, I've gotten a lot of requests to make another version of the recipe. Egusi Soup is a finger-licking good Nigerian soup made with a white variety of pumpkin seeds. It is spicy, nutty with exotic African flavors!
My Egusi Soup Recipe instructions
- Grind the egusi with Osu.
- Cut the uziza leaves and ugu leaves separately and set aside.
- Wash and steam the meat with stock powder.
- Put the grinded egusi inside bowl, add stock and little water then mix it together and mould it little by little.
- Put the moulded egusi inside the meat and cook. Cook it for 20mins add your red oil, pepper, crayfish, uziza leaves and salt. Cook till the egusi is done..
- Lastly smash the moulded egusi inside pot or use mortar and put it back to the pot with the ugu leaves. Let it cook for some minutes..
- Food is ready, serve with eba or fufu 😋.
Egusi soup is an appetizing soup to behold. Find out the many tricks of preparing this popular soup using the caking method. Nigerian Egusi Soup (Caking Method) [Video] Egusi and Ogbono Soup Combo Fried Egusi Soup [Video] Ofe Achara with Akpuruakpu Egusi [Video] Egusi Soup for Haters. Here is an authentic Egusi soup recipe for your enjoyment. Egusi soup or melon soup is made from the dry seeds of the melon plant closely related to squash.