Recipe: Appetizing Butternut squash soup recipe
Butternut squash soup recipe. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Check out our top-rated winter squash soup recipes. Garnish with sliced scallions, toasted squash seeds, or shrimp.
Cut squash into eight large pieces. I often make a double batch, one for eating, and one batch for this soup. Blend butternut squash and red pepper together with the flavours of harissa and spices to make this warming soup. You can have Butternut squash soup recipe using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut squash soup recipe
- You need of Butternut squash cubed.
- You need of Ginger.
- It’s of Garlic.
- Prepare of Onions.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- You need of Mint leaves (optional).
Return the pureed soup to the pan and add the cream. Cook and stir until heated through. Editor's tip: If your soup is looking a little thin after pureeing, we suggest making a roux by whisking together two tablespoons of olive oil with two tablespoons of flour. Once the roux is smooth, whisk in a few tablespoons of soup to make a slurry, then stir the mixture into the.
Butternut squash soup recipe step by step
- Peel the butternut and cut into cubes. Peel your onion, ginger and garlic.
- Add everything into your cooking pot, add some water and bring to a boil till the butternut is tender.
- Drain off the water when ready but not all since it will be necessary while blending. Add your cooked butternut to a blender and blend till smooth. You can also add some mint leaves while blending.
- Serve in your favourite soup bowl. Oh add a mint leaf for garnish.
In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine until tender. Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper. This recipe is so simple, and yet is the tastiest butternut soup ever! I am quite sure that the chilli pepper has a great deal to do with its success, it really is just a hint of a burn, but brings out the rich, nutty flavour of the squash perfectly. For this recipe to be truly wonderful, a home-made chicken stock is the ideal choice, so the little time it takes to boil up some chicken.