How to Cook Tasty Original Onion Soup recipe
Original Onion Soup recipe. There are a lot of French Onion Soup recipes on Zaar, but I think that this very authentic version deserves a place on the list. After making many of the existing recipes with success, I wrote down this recipe while watching Julia Child in a very old episode of The French Chef. It takes a little longer, but the time is very well spent.
Get out your oven-safe bowls and set them on a cookie sheet. Evenly slice the onions into slices, and then cut the. Melt the stick of butter in a large pot over medium heat. You can cook Original Onion Soup recipe using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Original Onion Soup recipe
- It’s 4 of large onions, minced.
- It’s 1 1/4 liters of meat broth.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of yellow cheese, grated.
- It’s 60 g of butter.
- Prepare 1 of french bread (baguette), cut into slices.
- It’s of salt to taste.
- Prepare of black pepper to taste.
Tuscan Onion Soup (Carabaccia) It's the ancestor of French onion soup! This rich-tasting Italian version was a favorite of Leonardo da Vinci. With this in your cupboard, hot soup is always just minutes away. Pressure Cooker Beef Stock This french onion soup recipe is made with perfectly caramelized onions, fresh thyme sprigs, crusty baguette slices and two types of melted cheese right on top!.
Original Onion Soup recipe step by step
- Heat the butter in a saucepan, add in the onions and stir until the onions become soft and begin to change color..
- Add in the flour and stir well..
- Pour meat broth, stir and bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Flavor with salt and black pepper..
- Grill the slices of bread so they become toasted..
- Cover the bottom of the heatproof bowls with toasted bread. Sprinkle with some grated cheese and pour the onion soup. Place again 2-3 slices of toasted bread on top of the soup and sprinkle with grated cheese..
- Place the bowls in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted..
- Remove from heat and serve hot..
It is a cold winter in Los Angeles. Ladle soup into oven safe serving bowls and place one slice of bread on top of each (bread may be broken into pieces if you prefer). Making Classic Lipton's Onion Soup Dip: So there is nothing to making your Classic Lipton's Onion Soup Dip. Just mix it up, taste it and make sure you put just the right amount of the mix in the sour cream for your tastes and let it sit for a while. Preferably about an hour or so in the fridge if you can stand to wait.