Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Chicken corn chowder soup
Chicken corn chowder soup. Now, soup is definitely one of my favorite things to make for dinner so I'm always looking out for new soup recipes. Today we are serving up this Creamy Chicken and Corn Chowder that is definitely a win all around. I loved it, my husband loved it and my picky eating kids loved it.
This chicken corn chowder is the type of recipe I'm craving these days. Just give me a big bowl of something warm, please! A rich corn chowder built on a base of chicken stock and half-and-half has yellow and white corn, potatoes, and shredded chicken for a meal in a bowl. You can cook Chicken corn chowder soup using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken corn chowder soup
- You need 2 1/2 lb of pack of boneless chicken breast.
- You need 8 cups of chicken stock (2 quarts).
- It’s 1 can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 5 of heaping tbsp flour.
- It’s of Olive oil to brown chicken then veggies.
- It’s 1 of large onion diced.
- It’s 6 stalks of celery diced.
- It’s 2 of small red and green peppers diced.
- Prepare Handful of baby carrots diced.
- Prepare 1-2 lbs of diced potatoes.
- Prepare 6 of fresh ears of corn or two frozen bags of corn.
- You need 2 tbsp of crushed garlic.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need to taste of Paprika.
- It’s of Chicken bouillon for flavoring.
- Prepare of Fresh herbs like parsley.
I make a very similar Pennsylvania Dutch Chicken Corn Soup recipe. That version is more 'brothy' rather than creamy as it doesn't use the half. I love freezing soups, but due to the dairy and potatoes in this one, I don't recommend freezing it as is. Can corn chowder be made in the slow cooker?
Chicken corn chowder soup instructions
- Brown chicken in large pot with garlic, salt and pepper, and paprika.
- Remove chicken and sauté the veggies (leave potatoes and corn aside) until translucent.
- Add everything else besides the flour. Corn, potatoes, chicken, broth, milk, seasoning. Bring to boil for about 30 min..
- Add flour to about 1 1/2 cups water and make slurry. Pour in and stir right away and let thicken. Taste to add bouillon or salt and pepper..
For years their most oft-requested soup for dinner and school lunches was chicken noodle soup followed by Creamy Ham and Potato. But this Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Chowder is currently their favorite and I think you'll soon see why! Unlike our Creamy Ham and Potato Soup which relies on. What sets this chowder apart from most is the addition of potatoes, which is what gives this soup the thickness and creaminess without needing heavy cream. Of course, you CAN add cream if you want too, for an extra and even bigger creamy flavour, BUT it's not needed.