Recipe: Yummy Soto Ayam (Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup)
Soto Ayam (Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup). Di video ini saya share resep anak soto ayam enak dan simpel. Mungkin sudah banyak sekali resep soto ayam di chanel-chanel lain. Soto ayam, an Indonesian version of chicken soup, is a clear herbal broth brightened by fresh turmeric and herbs, with skinny rice noodles buried in the Julia Gartland for The New York Times.
You provide the soup & your guests provide the bread or drinks or nothing at all – no stress. A great way to get to know your neighbors. Soto ayam is chicken noodle soup – Indonesian style. You can cook Soto Ayam (Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup) using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Soto Ayam (Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup)
- It’s 500 ml of vegetable oil to fry the chicken.
- Prepare 1 of whole chicken, divided into 4.
- It’s 2 of lt water.
- It’s 8 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 4 stalks of lemongrass, take the white part only (which is on the bottom), pounded.
- You need 4 of green onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1,5 tsp of salt or to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white pepper powder or to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chicken bouillon.
- You need 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need of Ground spices: (blend in a food processor).
- It’s 7 cloves of garlic.
- You need 8 cloves of shallots.
- It’s 3 pcs of candle nuts.
- You need 1 tsp of nutmegs powder.
- You need 3 cm of turmeric.
- It’s 2 cm of ginger.
- It’s of Chili sauce: Boil 5 bird eye chili peppers + 2 red chili peppers + 5 cloves garlic until soft. Remove from the heat. Grind all the ingredients using a mortar and pestle. Add 1/4 tsp salt.
- It’s of Koya topping: Grind 5 cloves fried garlic + 8 fried prawn crackers using a mortal and pestle.
- It’s of For the complement:.
- Prepare 4 of hard boiled eggs, peeled, cut.
- You need 50 gr of mung bean vermicelli, soaked in boiled water for 3 minutes, removed from the heat, drained.
- You need of some lime wedges.
This is seriously tasty noodle soup. I've had soto ayam in the Netherlands. That's as close as you can get outside Indonesia I think. They are mad for Indonesian in the Netherlands.
Soto Ayam (Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup) instructions
- Heat 1 Tbsp vegetable oil in the wok over medium-heat. Sauté the ground spices, kaffir lime leaves, and lemongrass until fragrant. Remove from the heat..
- Boil chicken and ground spices in a big pot until the chicken is cooked.Take out the chicken from the pot. Set the chicken aside..
- Add chopped green onions into the soup..
- In a pan, fry the chicken for a while in vegetable oil. Remove from the heat. Cut the chicken into small pieces..
- Place some white rice, some mung bean vermicelli, chicken meat, and some hard boiled eggs in a bowl. Pour the hot chicken broth into the bowl. Add some lime juice into the soup and koya topping on top. Yum! 😋.
Indonesian Chicken Noodle Soup (Soto Ayam). Soto (also known as sroto, tauto, or coto) is a traditional Indonesian soup mainly composed of broth, meat, and vegetables. Many traditional soups are called soto, whereas foreign and Western influenced soups are called sop. Soto Ayam, an Indonesian chicken noodle soup. This is an easy, healthy, homemade soup that can be made from scratch.