Recipe: Perfect Vegetable Soup
Vegetable Soup. Explore Soups Made with Nutrition-Packed Ingredients You Know and Love Today. Now Choose From Multiple Delicious Vegetable Recipes To Cook A Perfect Meal. In a large stock pot, combine broth, tomato juice, water, potatoes, carrots, celery, undrained chopped tomatoes, green beans, and corn.
Full of flavor and so easy to make you can't go wrong with a big warm bowl of vegetable soup. In a stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute carrots, onions, celery and green pepper until crisp-tender. Heat the olive oil in large, heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium-low heat. You can have Vegetable Soup using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetable Soup
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 3 cups of potato pieces.
- It’s 2 cups of baby carrots sliced in half.
- It’s 3 cups of sliced yellow Crook-necked squash.
- Prepare 1 quart of water.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2-1/2 cups of chopped cabbage.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare To taste of red wine vinegar or vinegar hot sauce optional.
- Prepare To taste of grated Parmesan cheese optional.
Adding the asparagus at this stage of cooking, before adding any vegetable or chicken broth, ensures it gets nice and tender while caramelizing a bit. Warm oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. This easy vegetable soup recipe is one I've been making for years because it's such a fail-safe and delicious way to get all the vegetables I possibly can into my family. The great thing about homemade vegetable soup is that you can customize it to suit your taste but also to use up any and every vegetable you have in the kitchen.
Vegetable Soup step by step
- The potato pieces were the parts I cut away from my chateau potatoes. Slice the carrots, slice the squash, and chop the cabbage. Add to a pot with the water and salt..
- Boil the vegetables for 30-40 minutes. Add water if necessary. This is where the butter is added. Simmer 15 minutes covered. Serve add red wine vinegar/ hotsauce, if you desire. Add cheese if using. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Once the oil is shimmering, add the chopped onion, carrot, celery, seasonal vegetables and ½ teaspoon of the salt. Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium-low heat. The soup also freezes well, put some containers of soup in the freezer for a rainy day! This easy homemade vegetable soup is a good one! Add it to your regular rotation.