How to Cook Yummy Chicken & Okra Soup
Chicken & Okra Soup. Chicken Recipes Find recipes for fried chicken, chicken breast, grilled chicken, chicken wings, and more! Get dinner on the table with delicious, easy-to-prepare chicken recipes from Food Network, including grilled, baked and roast chicken. Chicken piccata is usually made using sliced chicken breasts, but we find chicken "thigh-ccata" to be even more richly savory and flavorful.
There are more chickens in the world than any other bird or domesticated fowl. Chicken recipes are a family-favorite any time of year. Jazz up this supper staple with flavorful recipes for roasted, baked, and fried chicken as well as chicken casserole, soup, salad, wings, pasta and more. You can cook Chicken & Okra Soup using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken & Okra Soup
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of Oil of your choice.
- It’s 4 of Capfuls of Apple Cider Vinegar (optional).
- Prepare 6 1/4 cups of water.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Parsley Flakes.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Basil Leaves (minced).
- You need 3 Tablespoons of (non-spicy) Chili Powder.
- You need Pinch of Sea Salt.
- You need 1/2 Tablespoon of Curry Powder.
- You need 1 Pound of Chicken Wings.
- Prepare 1 bag of Frozen Okra (9 oz) [I got from Dollar Tree].
- It’s of Rice (optional).
- It’s 1 Cup of White Rice.
- It’s 1.5 Cups of Water.
- You need Pinch of Salt.
Choose your KFC chicken: original recipe, extra crispy, Kentucky grilled chicken, extra crispy tenders, hot wings and popcorn nuggets. Go international with Chicken Shawarma, or stick with more traditional flavors in dishes like Chicken and Broccoli Casserole or Chicken Potpie. Kid-friendly favorites like BBQ Chicken Pizza are included, or keep it fancy for a date night in with Chicken Scaloppine with Broccoli Rabe. Chock-full of chicken, potatoes, peas and corn, this recipe makes two golden pies, so you can serve one at supper and save the other for a busy night.
Chicken & Okra Soup instructions
- First cut chicken into sections separating wing tip from drumstick and flat. Lightly season chicken with pinch of each seasoning. Set aside..
- While preparing chicken, heat oil in deep pot over medium heat..
- After oil has been on/heating up for about 2-3 minutes add chicken to pot(being careful not to drop in or oil could splash).
- Fry/sear chicken for 5-7 minutes ensuring each side is cooked and chicken gains slight golden brown color..
- Next add the remainder of your seasonings as well as the 6 1/4 cups water and apple cider vinegar to pot with chicken. (There should still be some oil in the bottom of the pot).
- Cook (boiling) over medium high heat for 25-30 minutes until flavors marry and flavors become aromatic..
- After chicken and soup has been boiling for about 30 minutes, add okra and boil for 4-5 minutes..
- Soups done!.
- Rice instructions (optional).
- Add 1.5 cups of water and pinch of salt to small pot. Bring to boil over medium-high heat..
- Once boiling add rice to pot and stir occasionally until water has been absorbed/cooked off. (I like to add a small dash or butter or oil when water is almost fully out).
This is the best chicken potpie recipe to have on hand when company comes over. —Karen Johnson, Bakersfield, California Need a new go-to dinner? These quick chicken dinners recipes are perfect for a stress-free weeknight meal, and make enough so that you can have leftovers for lunch. Browse simple recipes from the expert chefs at Food Network for creative twists on everyone's favorite hearty chicken casserole. Chicken thighs make an easy and inexpensive dinner. Find recipes for baked, grilled, or even slow cooked chicken thighs, perfect for any night of the week.