Easiest Way to Make Yummy Jerk chicken soup
Jerk chicken soup. That's usually the question I get when I talk about this recipe. I first learned about Jerk Chicken Soup from my cousin in Jamaica who owned a restuarant on the island. The Best Jerk Chicken Soup Recipes on Yummly
The best Jamaican Jerk Chicken including oven and grilling instructions! It's incredibly flavorful thanks to hours of marinating in a vibrant and deliciously seasoned marinade. I do suggest using MILD jerk seasoning. You can cook Jerk chicken soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jerk chicken soup
- You need 5 of small boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- You need 1 of small sweet potato.
- It’s 3/4 of a yellow onion.
- Prepare of Drizzle of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 of a green pepper.
- It’s Spoonful of minced garlic.
- Prepare of Jamacian jerk seasoning.
- Prepare of Garlic salt.
- You need 6 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 8 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut milk (unsweetened).
- It’s Can of red kidney beans, drained.
- It’s 8.5 oz of can whole kernel corn, drained.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- It’s 1 of bullion cube.
Even though it's mild it's still turns out. Jerk Chicken is a fragrant, flavorful, and delicious grilled chicken recipe representative to Jamaica and the Chicken – Chicken and seafood are my go-to when it comes to Jerk marinade and seasoning. Caribbean jerk chicken full of flavor and and a good amount of heat, using habaneros (or scotch bonnet chili peppers) and allspice. Make jerk chicken in oven or grill.
Jerk chicken soup instructions
- Put 6 cups of chicken broth, 8 cups of water, 1/2 cup of coconut milk, bullion cube, 1/2 tsp black pepper & 3-5 shakes of jerk seasoning into pot, let boil..
- While your waiting for broth to boil, rinse off chicken & pat dry. Sprinkle garlic salt & a generous amount of jerk seasoning onto chicken. Flip over & repeat..
- Once mixture is boiling (med high ish) add chicken, beans & corn. Partially cover & let cook 20 minutes..
- While chicken is cooking, drizzle olive oil onto pan & put on medium heat. Dice onion & green pepper add to pan. Spoon garlic into mixture. Peel & dice sweet potato, add to pan stirring occasionally..
- Once 20 minutes is up, add vegetable mixture and remove chicken onto cutting board..
- Shred chicken & add back to pot. Add a few more shakes of jerk seasoning to pot. Let cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes, partially covered..
Andi Oliver's jerk chicken and cornmeal waffles is next level. Try Levi Roots' sticky jerk chicken wings as a party nibble, or make more substantial jerk chicken thighs to fit in a flatbread or alongside. This jerk chicken recipe is from Paul Chung, who grew up in Jamaica and sampled jerk For best results, let the chicken marinate overnight, so the seasoning has time to thoroughly penetrate the meat. Keywords: Jamaican jerk chicken soup, Crock Pot Chicken Soup, Spicy Chicken Soup, Crock Pot Jamaican Chicken Soup. This Jerk Chicken Soup is a delicious spin on traditional chicken soup.