Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Ox Tail Soup
Ox Tail Soup. Check Out Oxtail Soup On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Remove the oxtail from the soup and separate the meat from the bones; cut the meat into bite-size pieces and return to pot along with carrots and celery.
A lovely, heartwarming soup sure to please. This recipe is a good candidate for the slow-cooker if you don't want to simmer on top of the stove. Spread on a shallow roasting pan. You can cook Ox Tail Soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ox Tail Soup
- It’s 6-8 lb of ox tails.
- It’s 2 of onions, whole.
- It’s 2 of onions, chopped.
- You need 10 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 3 of bay leaves.
- You need 3 cans of tomato soup.
- It’s 1 cup of barley (not "instant" barley").
- Prepare 2 lb of carrots, peeled and sliced.
- You need 10 stalks of celery, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of large onions, diced.
- Prepare 5 cups of cooked spaetzle (see spaetzle recipe).
The Best Beef Oxtail Soup Recipes on Yummly If using a cast iron , only use about a Tablespoon of oil. I have been making oxtail soup for years my grandmother's recipe. I can't imagine boiling the tails with the veggies!
Ox Tail Soup step by step
- In a large stock pot, add ox tails, then add water to cover the oxtails by an inch. Add whole onions, cloves of the garlic, and bay leaves. Bring to boil, cover and let simmer for 3 hours..
- Take out ox tails and refrigerate overnight. Discard whole onion and cloves of garlic from the broth. Refrigerate the broth and bay leaves separately from the ox tails overnight..
- Skim and remove the layer of fat from the broth. Trim fat from ox tails..
- In a large stock pot, add back in broth and ox tails. Add in tomato soup, bring to boil. Add barley. Cover and simmer for an hour..
- Add in carrots, celery, and onion. Let simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add in spaetzle. Remove bay leaves..
I always brown my tails and meat add onion and celery bay leaves a can of tomatoes and water. The meat is rich enough you don't need the salty artificial flavor of beef bouillon cubes. Instead of potatoes I add barley. Oxtail soup is served all over Hawaii. Unlike the thick and hearty stew I grew up with, the Hawaiian soup is relatively light (a blessing post holidays), with a thin broth and seasonings from ginger, star anise, orange, green onions, and cilantro.