How to Cook Perfect Black Bean Soup
Black Bean Soup. Black Bean Soup Hearty, flavorful, perfect for weeknight dinner or weekend company! We served it with fresh flour tortillas and avocado slices on the side. Seriously delicious!" – House of Aqua.
In a large saucepan, saute the celery, onion, red pepper and jalapeno in oil until tender. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, cumin, coriander, hot sauce, pepper, bay leaf, mashed black beans and remaining whole beans. In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. You can have Black Bean Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black Bean Soup
- It’s 2 cups of beef broth.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 cup of diced peppers.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 2 cans of black beans rinsed.
- Prepare 1 can of corn.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of salsa.
- You need 1 tbs of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbs of chili powder.
- You need 1 tbs of basil.
- It’s 1 cup of uncooked shell pasta.
Taste of Home has the best black bean soup recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. Meet my favorite black bean soup! It takes advantage of canned black beans and comes together quickly. Yet the soup tastes remarkably fresh thanks to the carrots, celery and garlic.
Black Bean Soup instructions
- Put all ingredients in pot except the pasta and bring to a boil..
- Once it comes to a full boil turn to medium and simmer for 20 mins or until peppers are soft..
- Add in pasta and simmer for 10 mins..
- Turn off burner cover pot and let sit for 10 mins so pasta will be soft..
- Enjoy this makes 4 2 cup servings..
Cumin and a little bit of sherry vinegar (or lime juice) add a Cuban flair that takes it over the top. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low simmer. Extra-virgin olive oil Black Bean Soup I add chopped red bell peppers large onion to oil. Add chicken broth in place of water. I use Walmarts great Value black bean and corn salsa.one jar.