Recipe: Tasty thanksgiving turkey and rice soup
thanksgiving turkey and rice soup. I get sick of leftover turkey, but once I found how wonderful leftover turkey soup can be, I look forward to having Thanksgiving leftovers each year. Because frankly I think Black Friday is definitely not worth the chaos. But what is worth it…is this soup.
Everything is cooked in one pan and it's the ultimate in comfort food. The rice turns this into a fuller meal. Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Rice Soup Instructions. You can cook thanksgiving turkey and rice soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of thanksgiving turkey and rice soup
- Prepare 2 can of 32oz. chicken broth.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 of white onion (rough chop).
- It’s 2 cup of instant rice.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of leftover shredded turkey (dark & white meat).
- You need 1 pinch of of crushed red pepper flakes (whatever amount you desire).
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Peel, and rinse potatoes and carrots. This easy Turkey soup recipe was inspired by that cooker and a lot of tasty leftovers from a Thanksgiving meal. The family get together this year is well after the holidays so. This soup is especially amazing with smoked turkey from Thanksgiving leftovers.
thanksgiving turkey and rice soup instructions
- Bring 2cups of chicken broth to a boil then stir in paprika and rice. Cover and remove from heat. Rice will be tender in 5-10 minutes depending on what instant rice you are cooking with..
- In a medium-large pan melt butter over medium high heat and add onions, cook until translucent. Add salt and pepper if you so desire..
- Once onions are translucent, add the remainder of the chicken broth to the pan and stir in the turkey, crushed red pepper flake (desired amount), and salt & pepper to taste. Bring to a quick boil then turn off heat..
- Cooldown for 2-5 minutes then serve soup over the rice..
Not that we wait for Thanksgiving to roll around to make this soup! Chicken wild rice soup is just as good as turkey wild rice soup anyway, right? Soup is one of my favorite meals to make all fall and winter long. Stir in leftover turkey and parsley until warmed through and serve immediately with crispy bacon. Place turkey carcass in a soup kettle or Dutch oven and cover with water.