How to Prepare Tasty Pasta and White Bean Soup
Pasta and White Bean Soup. Reduce the heat to medium and add the kale. Add the broth, water, currants, basil and reserved beans. Add tomatoes and pasta; bring to a boil.
This recipe is great for a night that you want a home-cooked meal, but don't have the time to cook. Mix in pasta; bring to boil. In a Dutch oven, saute the onion, carrot and celery in oil until crisp-tender. You can have Pasta and White Bean Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pasta and White Bean Soup
- It’s 2-3 Tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of small onion diced.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves sliced.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth.
- It’s 3 cans of cannellini beans drained.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 Tbsp of oregano.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 2-3 Tbsp of Locatelli grated Romano Cheese.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of chopped fresh flat leaf parsley.
- You need 1 Tbsp of fresh chopped basil.
Add the broth, pasta, sugar, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes. I began the recipe with the browning of the pancetta. If you have meat-lovers in your family, you could double the pancetta. I added about a tablespoon of fresh thyme because the meal.
Pasta and White Bean Soup instructions
- Add olive oil to a large pot heat over low to medium heat and onions and garlic, cook until starting to turn light golden in color.
- Add broth, beans and tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, stir and bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer cook about 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, place a cup of the beans into a bowl and mash then return to pot, stir. Add salt and pepper to taste if needed..
- Remove from heat and add cheese and herbs..
Add the tomatoes to the sautéed vegetables along with the drained beans, chicken stock, tomato paste, and cheese rind. Remove the rind, cut it into tiny cubes, and return it to the soup. There are many different versions of pasta fagioli (depending on tastes, and which region of Italy does the version come from), not everyone likes to add blended white beans to the soup. Essentially a chicken broth soup with beans and pasta. We'll use a low-sodium chicken broth next time because the regular chicken broth's saltiness kept us from tasting the tomatoes and spinach (the latter not being a bad thing!).