Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup
Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup. This Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup was super creamy and satisfying, without being overly heavy like creamy potato soups can sometimes be. It was the perfect weight for this transitional is-it-fall-or-is-it-summer weather! Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup Directions.
Mash with a potato masher the other half of the soup. Add the blended half of the soup back with the mashed soup. Return to heat and add the cheese. You can cook Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion.
- You need 1 Tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 head of cauliflower.
- You need 1.5 lbs of russet potatoes.
- You need 4 cups of vegtable roth.
- Prepare 12 oz of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Fresh cracked pepper.
- You need 8 oz of shedded medium cheddar cheese.
- It’s 3 of green onions.
Cheesy Cauliflower Soup A cheesy play on the cauliflower soup my mom has always made. This delicious soup is rich and hearty, with loads of cauliflower, potatoes, and sharp Cheddar cheese. A little nutmeg and cayenne pepper help to season the soup. Garnish this flavorful soup with a drizzling of extra virgin olive oil or, better yet, chili or garlic infused olive oil.
Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup instructions
- Dice onion and add to soup pot along with minced garlic and olive oil. Saute until the onion is soft.
- Peel and dice the potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Cut the cauliflower into small florets. Add the cubed potatoes and cauliflower florets to the pot along with vegetable broth. Place a lid on top, turn tge heat to high and bring pot to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 20 minutes or until potatoes and cauliflower are extremely soft.
- Add evaporated milk to soup. Use immersion blender to puree mixture..
- Once soup is pureed, season with smoked paprika, salt and fresh cracked pepper (10-15 cranks).
- Heat soup to add cheese, one handful at a time until fully melted..
- Serve with sliced green onions for an added pop of flavor..
Comforting, cheesy cauliflower soup that's easy to make for a weeknight dinner or a quick lunch. Cheesy cauliflower potato soup is an easy, gluten free one pot dinner made in your Instant Pot. Enjoy the rich flavor of creamy potato, cheese and bacon with cauliflower to add nutritious fiber and reduce calories! Cheesy cauliflower and potato soup recipe. Learn how to cook great Cheesy cauliflower and potato soup.