Recipe: Perfect Wicked Thai chicken soup
Wicked Thai chicken soup.
You can cook Wicked Thai chicken soup using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Wicked Thai chicken soup
- You need 2 tbs of coconut oil.
- You need 1 cup of finely chopped onion.
- It’s 1 of red pepper diced.
- It’s 2 cups of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 5 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts cut into small pieces.
- You need 1 tsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 cup of half and half (10%) cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of red curry paste.
- You need 2 tbs of sriracha (less for not so spicy).
- You need 2-3 tbsp of tomato paste (to taste).
- You need 2 tbsp of corn starch.
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked rice.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Wicked Thai chicken soup instructions
- Cook rice and set aside.
- Heat large saucepan over medium heat and add 1 tbsp oil. Add mushrooms and cook until golden And tender. Remove to a plate..
- In same pot add remaining oil and heat. Add onion and pepper, sauté until softened..
- Return mushrooms to the pot. Add broth and chicken and heat through. Add fish sauce and Worcestershire sauce and simmer 5 minutes. Add cream and coconut milk. Turn heat to low and simmer 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl and curry paste, sriracha sauce, tomato paste, 2 tbsp water and cornstarch and mix until incorporated. Stir into soup until combined and heat until soup simmers, thickens very slightly and has a velvety appearance..
- Add cooked rice, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste. You can also add more curry, tomato paste and sriacha to taste..
- Pour soup into bowls and garnish with cilantro, parsley or basil leaves and serve.