Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Roasted Vegetable Soup
Roasted Vegetable Soup. Try Our Vegetarian Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About Today. Add broth, beans, peas, vinegar, seasonings and roasted vegetables. Add the zucchini, yellow squash, onion and bell peppers to a large mixing bowl and toss with the olive oil, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic until coated.
This recipe oven-roasts the vegetables before adding to the soup liquid, enhancing their flavor. Roasted vegetables have a sweet, smoky flavor. Serve this soup with slices of good-quality crusty bread, or with toasted cheese sandwiches. You can have Roasted Vegetable Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Vegetable Soup
- You need 1 pound of tiny baby carrots.
- You need 4 cups of chopped celery or sub with fennel.
- You need 2 cups of whole kernel corn.
- You need 1 of large turnip root.
- You need 2 of medium sized Yukon gold potatoes.
- Prepare 1 pound of Enokitake or Enoki mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 of large onion.
- Prepare 1 quart of vegetable juice drink like V-8.
- It’s As needed of salt.
- You need As needed of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare To taste of ground black pepper.
It's filling, healthy, family-friendly, and can be made from scratch in less than one hour! Place the vegetables and garlic in a roasting tin. Mix the oil with the herbs and seasoning, and the lemon juice if using. Toss the vegetables with the olive oil until they're nicely coated and add the rosemary.
Roasted Vegetable Soup step by step
- Preheat oven 400°Fahrenheit I used convection setting. Chop the turnip. And potatoes..
- Chop the celery leaves and all. Add the corn with the rest of the vegetables to a bowl. Coat everything with the olive oil. Spread on a baking sheet with parchment paper and season with salt. Put into the oven for 40 minutes..
- Take out of the oven let rest 10 minutes. Carefully pick up the sides of the parchment paper and pour into a pot. No trim the mushrooms. Mainly the root end..
- When trimmed add to the soup with the vegetable drink.
- Slow simmer covered for 40 minutes..
The veg should now be cooked, slightly caramelised and almost chewy, with a much more intense and mellow flavour. Rather than throwing all the vegetables in the pot I roasted them first. Every vegetable in this winter root vegetable soup is roasted (including the onion and garlic), which makes it a very uncomplicated, practical sort of dish. Start by coating the veggies in the oil and seasoning and roasting for about. When completely done, roasted vegetables are very tender, browned and slightly shriveled.