Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Minestrone Soup
Minestrone Soup. Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. абхазская австралийская австрийская авторская адыгейская азербайджанская азиатская алжирская американская английская арабская аргентинская армянская африканская баварская. Minestrone (/ˌmɪnɪsˈtroʊni/; Italian: [mineˈstroːne]) is a thick soup of Italian origin made with vegetables, often with the addition of pasta or rice, sometimes both.
The minestrone soup I've been serving for years began as Ina Garten's Winter Minestrone soup, but since I can't help but tinker with a recipe, it has since morphed into my own. Minestrone Soup Variations Swap the spinach for Swiss chard or baby kale. To keep this low-carb, omit the pasta, you honestly won't miss it with everything else in this soup. You can have Minestrone Soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Minestrone Soup
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of large rib celery, sliced.
- You need 1 of medium carrot, diced.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 can of whole plum tomatoes (32oz).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 can of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained.
- You need 1 can of cannellini or great northern beans, rinsed and drained.
- You need 1/4 cup of orzo.
- You need 1 of medium zucchini, sliced.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of baby spinach.
- Prepare to taste of Kosher salt and pepper.
Serve this hearty soup with lightly toasted bread to get every last drop. Recipe can be doubled." The very best minestrone ever! A huge success with the family and guests. This healthy and quick Minestrone Soup is the best!
Minestrone Soup step by step
- Heat olive oil in a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Saute several minutes until vegetables are softened..
- Add basil, oregano, and thyme. Saute for additional minute..
- Add tomatoes and use a spatula to break into pieces. Add bay leaf, chicken broth, kidney beans, and cannellini beans..
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 25 minutes..
- Stir in dry pasta and zucchini, and cook for an additional 10 minutes until pasta is al dente. Add spinach and wilt for 1 minute..
- Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Serve immediately..
I have been so excited to share my Minestrone Soup recipe with you all. It is a fast and healthy version made with zucchini and fresh basil. This minestrone soup recipe is special to me because it's one of the few dinners my entire family loves. And I can feel good about serving it because it's full of nutrition and low in fat. Minestrone soup may seem simple to prepare, but all of the various elements brings on some complexity.