Recipe: Delicious Potato and Leek Soup
Potato and Leek Soup. Potato leek soup is simple to make, but first you have to deal with the leeks. They're notoriously sandy and dirty, and very good at hiding it, so be sure to wash them well. Start by cutting off and discarding the root ends and thick dark green parts.
Nothing's better than a bowl of hearty potato soup on a chilly day. To make this soup, cook chopped leeks in a little butter, then add diced potatoes, stock, and herbs. Buttery, creamy, and made oh-so fragrant with the help of thyme and chives, this potato leek soup is the perfect companion to any cold weather dinner. You can cook Potato and Leek Soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato and Leek Soup
- You need 1 quart of chicken broth.
- You need 2/3 pound of smoked bacon.
- You need 3 cups of chopped savory cabbage.
- Prepare 6 of medium sized potatoes.
- It’s 2 of large carrots.
- Prepare 1 of leek.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/3 cup of parsley flakes.
- You need 1 leaf of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sour cream.
Leek and Potato Soup is a thick and creamy classic French Potato Soup that starts with garlic butter in which leeks are slowly sautéed to bring out the sweet flavour. It's simple to make, cosy and comforting yet also luxurious and elegant. I love how this Leek Soup can be Couch Food OR an. Cozy and comforting, Potato Leek Soup combines potatoes, leeks and broth for a simple homemade soup the whole family will love!
Potato and Leek Soup step by step
- Chop the cabbage, peel the carrots, and fry the bacon. Wash and dice the potatoes..
- Cut the the carrots. Dice the onion. Wash the leek very well. Then slice..
- Add the butter and melt in the pot add all but the sour cream to the melted butter. Crumble the bacon and add. Simmer on low till all the vegetables are tender. About an hour covered..
- Take two cups of broth from the soup. Add the sour cream to the broth you took out and whisk till mixed well..
- Pour mixture back into the soup and incorporate well cover and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!!.
This is the kind of soup that is so simple to make yet tastes like you really know your way around the kitchen. Leek and Potato Soup, made with healthy vegetables and creamy potatoes, is rich and comforting without the need for heavy creams or butter. Unlike traditional potato leek soup, this version is completely dairy-free. No butter, no cheese, no cream. This delicious potato and leek soup comes together in just a few minutes.