Recipe: Tasty Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice
Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice. Serve this turkey wild rice soup with a nice, crispy romaine salad and a loaf of crusty bread for a complete meal. Lots of turkey leftovers, of course, so I decided to give it a go. I used a wild rice brown rice mix and added that, then also only used one cup of heavy cream because I was low on milk.
Very satisfying on a cold windy winter's day! Use your left-over turkey to make a surprisingly elegant cream soup full of tender wild rice and turkey, simmered in broth enriched with half-and-half. Bring the wild rice and water to a boil in a saucepan. You can cook Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice
- It’s 5 cups of shredded left over turkey.
- Prepare 5 of celery stalks, sliced thin.
- It’s 3 of large carrots, sliced thin.
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbs of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of marsala cooking wine.
- You need 1 of lg sweet potato.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 qt of whipping cream.
- Prepare 2 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon, or to taste.
- Prepare 8 strips of bacon, chopped and cooked. Drain on paper towels.
- It’s 1 sprig of each; fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, fresh sage, minced.
- Prepare 4 of servings of prepared wild rice.
- It’s of Texas toast.
Cook's Notes for Creamy Turkey and Wild Rice Soup. A note about rice in soups: When you add rice to any soup, it's all fine when enjoyed fresh, but if To cook wild rice, first rinse uncooked rice well under cold running water. How to make Creamy Turkey Wild Rice Soup. Start by sautéing the mushrooms, celery, carrots, and onion in a large stock pot.
Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice step by step
- Sautè carrots, onion, and celery in a lg frying pan with a little oil. When onion gets tender, add garlic. When carrots are tender, deglaze pan with marsala. Cook until all liquid reduces..
- Meanwhile cook sweet potato in oven or microwave until soft. Set aside to cool. As soon as it is able to be handled, peel and place in a bowl. Mix 2 tbs of butter and enough whipping cream to make it mash creamy..
- Place turkey, vegetables, herbs, and bacon into a large stock pot. Cover with water. Add bouillon and bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes..
- Add whipping cream and return to a simmer. Slowly add potatoes, stirring constantly until well incorporated. And heated through..
- In a bowl, place rice to one side. Fill bowl with soup. Serve with Texas toast. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Add in the flour, followed Add the quick cooking wild rice and let simmer until tender. Add in the turkey gravy, half and half, and the left over turkey. Pure comfort and totally right for all that feels wrong. Today's wild rice soup recipe comes from my good friend and baking maharishi/mentor/advisor Barbara Schieving's new cookbook The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook. Heirloom soup to add to your recipes for using that yummy turkey from Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.