How to Prepare Delicious Spicy Chicken Coconut Soup
Spicy Chicken Coconut Soup. Coconut milk tames the heat and combines deliciously with shredded chicken breast in Spicy Thai Coconut Chicken Soup. Top with onions, cilantro, and juice. Slowly pour the chicken broth over the mixture, stirring.
For an even richer flavor, try using whole coconut milk. —Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Michigan. This tom kha soup (Thai coconut chicken) is just perfect. Rich and creamy yet tangy and salty, this Thai coconut chicken soup recipe is filling but light and positively bursting with flavor. You can cook Spicy Chicken Coconut Soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Chicken Coconut Soup
- Prepare 10 of Boneless Chicken Thighs.
- It’s 2 tbs of chili oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tbs of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tbs of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tbs of paprika.
- Prepare 3 cans of coconut milk.
- You need 2 of jalapenos, sliced keeping the seeds.
- It’s 1 bunch of cilantro chopped.
- Prepare to taste of Fish sauce.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Lemongrass optional.
It's creamy and sweet and salty and spicy and bright all in one. This Coconut Turmeric Chicken Soup is a fun twist on your comforting classic homemade chicken soup. It's self care Saturday over here at the Budget Bytes house and I'm eating this super cozy Coconut Turmeric Chicken Soup. A good corn soup is creamy and naturally sweet; an even better corn soup is spicy, refreshing and addictive In this recipe, it's the combination of In this recipe, it's the combination of shallots, garlic, ginger, chiles and coconut milk, rather than heavy cream or butter, that makes the soup at once.
Spicy Chicken Coconut Soup step by step
- Slice the chicken thighs length wise and season with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder and paprika..
- Heat the chili oil in a pot and cook chicken until most of the liquid evaporates, flipping the chicken occassionally. About 20-30 minutes on medium heat..
- When chicken is done, add the coconut milk, jalapenos, cilantro, and lemongrass to the pot (ok if you do not have lemongrass as I've made this so many times without it and it still came out good)..
- Season with fish sauce to taste (this is pretty salty). I usually add about 1/8 cup of this and another tsp of salt..
- This will be pretty darn spicy, but you can always modify with less heat..
- I hope you enjoy this as much as I do..
Try this Spicy Chicken Coconut Soup recipe, or contribute your own. Combine coconut milk, chicken stock, lemon grass, mushrooms and galangal in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. This sour-spicy soup, inspired by Thai tom kha gai soup, combines broth with creamy coconut milk, lots of ginger and lime zest for zing, pepper flakes for spiciness, frozen dumplings, and veggies for a soup hearty enough to be a full meal when that wonton soup craving hits. Add broth, coconut milk, and fish sauce and bring to a boil. Crispy, flavorful, and simple coconut chicken using convenient pantry ingredients to make one memorable meal everyone will love!