How to Cook Tasty Granat Soup (African)
Granat Soup (African). Peanut soup is an authentic African recipe that's very popular in West Africa, and especially in Ghana. I grew up in Sierra Leone, so the version we used to eat may slightly vary from other regional versions. But essentially, the recipe is made up of ground peanuts (or peanut butter) with tomato paste and spices.
Suitable for keto, low carb and gluten-free diets. A surprisingly wonderful combination of tomatoes, onion, peanut butter, and brown rice that make for a wonderful, offbeat soup everyone will enjoy. Even better served with a dollop of sour cream on top of each bowl and some crusty bread for dipping. You can have Granat Soup (African) using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Granat Soup (African)
- Prepare 2 of CupsRice.
- It’s 2 of Chicken Breast.
- You need 1 1/4 Cup of Peanut Butter.
- It’s 4 of Onion.
- You need 1 Cube of Chicken Broth.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Tomato Paste.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of White Pepper.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Salt (for each rice and chicken pot).
- Prepare 1 of Tables spoon Butter (for rice).
African Soups are very different from what the western world call soups and the same goes for sauces and stew. In Africa, some so called soups are very heavy but you may find others that are light but they are all essential for African meals, they are often served with staple foods such as rice, fufu and others. See great recipes for Granat Soup (African) too! My cooking is influenced by my West African upbringing, as well as my exposure to different cultures and their foods.
Granat Soup (African) step by step
- Fry Onions till you get a beige color..
- Rice: in another pot boil the rice in a pot on the side (in a pot 3 cups of water for 2 cups of rice + 1 Tablespoon Salts +one Tablespoon Butter.
- Chop Chicken to cubes and add them to the onion.
- Add salt, white pepper, tomato paste, chicken broth..
- Add the water till it covers the chicken and let it boil for 15-20 minutes till it’s well cooked.
- Finally add the peanut butter after 20 minutes and mix them together (stir till it gets thick).
- Add the Chilli pepper.
Some of my favourite cultural cuisines are Sierra Leonean – naturally, Nigerian and Italian.. This is a recipe that has been passed down from generation to generation. Now you too can eat a culturally rich and nutritious meal enjoyed by Africans. Plasas and Granat soup are eaten with rice. Great recipe for Granat Soup (African).