How to Make Perfect Hearty Turkey and Rice Soup
Hearty Turkey and Rice Soup. Use the leftover cooked turkey in the fridge to speed up dinner. Because frankly I think Black Friday is definitely not worth the chaos. But what is worth it…is this soup.
All Reviews for Hearty Chicken and Rice Soup. This hearty, flavorful Chicken Wild Rice Soup is pure comfort on a chilly day. It's lightly creamy and loaded with chicken, nutty wild rice, and vegetables. You can cook Hearty Turkey and Rice Soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hearty Turkey and Rice Soup
- It’s 2 cup of shredded turkey (white or dark meat,or both).
- It’s 2 of Carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 3 of celery stalks, chopped.
- Prepare 6 cup of low sodium chicken stock.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of rice (parboiled or jasmine rice).
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1 of lemon.
- Prepare 1 of dried bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried parsley.
We also like to make this with turkey, especially smoked turkey from Thanksgiving leftovers. This incredibly flavorful ground turkey and rice soup featuring Knorr Selects Spinach and Artichoke Rice is a wonderfully warm and hearty dinner option! This Turkey Wild Rice Soup recipe is the perfect lunch or dinner to whip up after a great Thanksgiving meal. If you don't have turkey leftovers, no problem because it also works great with leftover shredded chicken as well!
Hearty Turkey and Rice Soup instructions
- In a large soup pot, add oil and sauté onion and garlic for 2 min..
- Add the celery and carrots and continue cooking for 5 min..
- Add your shredded turkey, salt, pepper,parsley, basil and bay leaf, mix to combine..
- Add the rice to the pot and mix everything together. And cook 2 min.
- Making sure you've washed your lemon, remove seeds and squeeze the lemon juice into the pot, and add the 2 halves to the pot as well (the hint of lemon in the soup is delish) stir everything..
- Pour in your chicken stock and stir. Let everything come to a boil and reduce heat to medium low. Cook for about 30 min with the lid on and serve once rice is cooked through..
This easy to prepare soup is full of veggies, it's warm and hearty and so delicious! From light rice and turkey detox soup to noodle-filled Vietnamese pho, you'll have no problem using up all that turkey, no matter how big your bird is. Transform that leftover turkey in the easiest way possible, with a hearty and comforting turkey soup. I love a good hearty soup and this creamy soup will become a new family favorite. Add in the flour, followed by chicken broth.