Recipe: Tasty Gyoza Chicken Soup
Gyoza Chicken Soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Another way to eat gyoza, besides the classic pan-fried version, is to eat them boiled in soup! These gyoza are handmade from scratch, including the gyoza wrappers, so you know exactly what's in it and you can avoid the nasty preservatives that are added to the store-bought stuff.
Sometimes we add dumplings in nabe (hot pot). You can use many kinds of vegetables in this recipe, and feel free to use frozen or prepared gyoza. You can prepare your dumplings in the soup or fry them as instructed on the package and eat them on the side. You can have Gyoza Chicken Soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gyoza Chicken Soup
- You need of Steamed gyoza (see other recipe Gyoza).
- It’s 1 bundle of udon (90 g).
- It’s 6 cups of water for cooking noodles.
- It’s 6 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1 inch of ginger (thinkly sliced).
- Prepare 100 g of spinach or as many as you like.
- You need 1/4 cup of shiitake mushrooms (I used dried shiitake).
- You need Pinch of black pepper.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of toasted sesame oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped celery.
- It’s 1 of green onion for garnish.
Gyoza soup is simple and all ingredients including meat are available in ordinary supermarkets. Chicken gyoza soup is exactly what we usually eat in autumn evenings. Also instead of water when cooking the gyoza you can use a watered down chicken or beef broth instead of just plain water, it gives the dumplings more flavor. Also sesame oil is MUCH MUCH more tasty (and authentic) then vegtable oil, when cooking the gyoza..
Gyoza Chicken Soup step by step
- Cook udon in boiling water according to package instruction. Set aside..
- In a cooking pot, add broth, ginger, pepper, salt, soy sauce and sesame oil and bring to a boil..
- Add chopped celery and boil for another 3 mins..
- Add spinach to blanch on soup for 1 minute or according to cooking preference..
- Arrange ingredients in a bowl with udon, garnish with green onions, add steamed gyoza and serve hot..
This homemade recipe for Chicken Gyoza Recipe are amazing. The dumplings are crispy on the outside while the chicken is tender and juicy on the inside. Cooked in a skillet, these gyozas are the perfect recipe for a quick dinner or a side dish when you don't want to order take out. Tip the ingredients into a bowl and add the minced pork or chicken. Mix by hand until well combined.