Recipe: Perfect Tortilla Soup
Tortilla Soup. Browse Our Official Site For Tasty Tortilla Soup Recipes! Tortilla Soup II "I made this soup and served it at a party before ever trying it. Easy to make using rotisserie chicken." – Babs.
What kind of tortillas to use for tortilla soup. The best tortillas to use for tortilla soup are stale yellow corn tortillas. Yellow corn tortillas are sturdier than white corn tortillas and have a richer flavor when cooked. You can cook Tortilla Soup using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tortilla Soup
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 2 of Garlic cloves.
- You need 1 Bag of soup bones.
- It’s 6 liters of water.
- You need 2 Cups of Salsa.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Tomato juice.
- You need 4 of Celery sticks.
- It’s 1 of Bell peper.
- You need 5 of Jalapeños.
- Prepare 1 Pack of Cilantro.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Zucchini.
- It’s 2 Cups of Carrots.
- Prepare 4 of Bay leaves.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of cloves.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of Chicken soup powder.
- It’s 2 Tbs of Tomato soup powder.
Homemade is best, of course, but store-bought tortillas will also work for this recipe. Mix cumin, chili pepper, garlic powder, and salt. This soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling! Serve with warm corn bread or tortillas.
Tortilla Soup step by step
- Cook the bones,then drain the soup..
- Cut vegetables,then add to the soup..
- Cook until done..
- Fry tortilla pieces.
- Serve with tortilla pieces and cheese..
Garnish with chopped fresh avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, crushed tortilla chips, or green onion! This easy tortilla soup recipe is hearty and satisfying, with a kick of spice. Try it as a warming weekday dinner, and pack leftovers for an easy soup lunch. In a large saucepan heat the vegetable oil. Once the onions have softened add the garlic and jalepenos and cook for another minute.