Recipe: Delicious Leek, fennel and potato soup
Leek, fennel and potato soup. The fennel gives this humble soup some dimension especially when the fronds are added for color. A hearty winter meal served with fresh bread. As potato and leek soups goes, we like this recipe.
A few weeks back, I made and froze a batch of rich vegetable stock (made with the first yellow onions of the season from our CSA). This soup is comfort in a bowl. I love serving it with chunks of buttered rustic bread as an easy supper. You can have Leek, fennel and potato soup using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leek, fennel and potato soup
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3 cups of chopped leeks.
- You need 2 cups of chopped fennel.
- It’s 1 L of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 of Yukon gold potatoes.
- It’s of Fennel fronds and tarragon for garnishing.
Thick, creamy, and fragrant — with the deliciously salty crunch of bacon — this unusual leek, potato, and fennel soup is equally at home at an everyday dinner or an elegant dinner party. We had an unusually huge harvest of leeks this year, along with a whole bunch of potatoes, and I. Add broth, potatoes, roasted garlic, thyme and bay leaves; bring to a boil. Puree soup, in batches, in food processor or blender.
Leek, fennel and potato soup instructions
- In a large pot, melt 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Sauté 3 cups of chopped leeks and 2 cups of chopped fennel..
- When these turn translucent, add 1 L of water and a chicken bouillon cube. Bring to a boil..
- Add 2 diced Yukon Gold potatoes. Simmer until potatoes become very tender..
- Add salt to taste and fennel fronds and tarragon to garnish. Here’s a photo of the puréed version..
Return to sauce pan and heat. This is comfort in a bowl. Fresh, light, filling and dairy-free so you can go for that second bowl. Fennel is quickly becoming a spring staple in my house. There's something about this anise tasting, aromatic and flavorful herb that I have fallen in love with.