Recipe: Perfect Instant Indonesian “Soto Ayam” (Yellow Chicken Soup)
Instant Indonesian “Soto Ayam” (Yellow Chicken Soup). Indonesian Chicken Soup Instant Mix Bamboe & Indofood Brand Soto Ayam Great recipe for Instant Indonesian "Soto Ayam" (Yellow Chicken Soup). #indonesianfood Soto ayam is an Indonesian chicken soup. It's one of classic authentic Indonesian soup. We can eat it along with noodle or rice.
It is like chicken soup but the broth is yellow because of turmeric. It is served with glass noodles , fried or boiled potatoes, chicken, fried onions , emping (padi oats crackers), slices of hard boiled egg, blanched bean sprouts, parsley, and sometimes diced tomato. Soto ayam, an Indonesian version of chicken soup, is a clear herbal broth brightened by fresh turmeric and herbs, with skinny rice noodles buried in the bowl It is served with a boiled egg, fried shallots, celery leaves and herbs, and is hearty enough for a meal. You can have Instant Indonesian “Soto Ayam” (Yellow Chicken Soup) using 30 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant Indonesian “Soto Ayam” (Yellow Chicken Soup)
- It’s 2 of litters chicken broth (you can substitute with chicken powder and water).
- You need 2 stalks of lemon grass the white part.
- Prepare 3 of tiny slices galangal.
- You need 4 of lemon kafir leaves.
- Prepare 2-3 of bay leaves.
- You need of For the spices:.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper (any peppers white or black).
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger powder (you can used the fresh ginger).
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 5-7 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/2 of onion chopped (you can used shallots).
- You need of Oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of For topping:.
- Prepare of Cooked rice or cooked noodle (vermicelli noodle).
- Prepare of Shredded cabbage.
- It’s of Tiny sliced green onion.
- Prepare leaves of Chopped celery or Chinese celery.
- You need of Fried shallots.
- Prepare of Roasted plain peanut (optional).
- You need of Lime wedges.
- Prepare of Hard boiled eggs.
- It’s of Sweet soy sauce (optional).
- It’s of For chilli sauce:.
- You need of Chilies.
- It’s 1 pinch of chicken powder.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Lemon juice.
Soto ayam is one of my family favorite food. In Indonesian language, soto means soup and ayam means chicken. I always make this in a lazy way, using a slow cooker 😊 (very untraditional way to cook Soto Ayam in Indonesia). Please do not get intimidated by the long list of ingredients.
Instant Indonesian “Soto Ayam” (Yellow Chicken Soup) step by step
- Boil the broth a big pan along with the lemon grass, lemon kafir leaves, bay leaves, and galanga. When it’s boiling and turn down the heat to the simmer..
- Meanwhile grind all the spices accept oil into pasta. I use a blender to blend all the spices..
- Now heat up the oil in a pan add the spices pasta and stir well until aromat and cooked through. Then transfer into the broth, season with salt. Cover let it cook and simmer for about 20 minutes. Adjust the taste before turn off the heat. Usually I leave it in simmer until ready to serve..
- While waiting for the broth, let’s make the chilli sauce. In a small pan add chilies and water. Bring it to boil for 5-10 minutes then take it off and drained it. Using a blender put the chilies in it add 2-3 tbsp broth, salt, pinch of chicken powder, and blend it. Scraped the chilli pasta out from the blender and transfer to the bowl. Add lemon juice and stir well, don’t forget to adjust the taste,and set asides..
- To assembly: Using a bowl (medium-big soup bowl) add a bit of rice and noodle or you can choose either one, than tops with shredded cabbage, shredded chicken, and ladle the hot broth into the bowl. Then sprinkle sliced green onion, chopped or sliced celery, fried shallots, roasted peanut, half hard boiled eggs, spoon of chilli sauce, and squeezed lemon juice..
- And it’s done! Now you have a delicious satisfying meal that you can enjoy in any time and any season. Enjoy!.
It may not l. 'Soto' is a traditional Indonesian soup. There are many different kinds of soto. One of favorite is called 'Soto Ayam' from Surabaya, the capital city of East Java. It has yellow color broth and is composed of chicken meat, mung bean vermicelli, hard boiled eggs, and topped with koya (a powder of. 'Soto' is a traditional Indonesian soup. There are many different kinds of soto.