Easiest Way to Make Yummy Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup
Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup. Enjoy Our Deliciously Crafted Chicken Rice and Soup Made with Real Ingredients. Go ahead and flag this chicken and wild rice recipe—it's sure to become a family favorite. A pot of pure comfort, it's a slightly thickened, creamy chicken soup with a finishing garnish of smoky bacon.
This was absolutely delicious and just what I was looking to make on a cool Autumn night. Classic creamy chicken and wild rice soup is filled with ingredients that I don't usually use – chicken, of course, chicken broth, and even heavy cream. At its core, though, traditional wild rice soup contains a base of delicious fall vegetables and the yummy, hearty rice, so it's not hard to imagine a vegetarian version. You can have Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup
- It’s 2 of chicken breast, boiled cooled and shredded (or use rotisserie).
- It’s 2.5 cups of fresh kale, chopped.
- You need 1 of large onion, diced.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 3 of celery, diced.
- It’s 2 of small-medium carrots, diced.
- It’s 2 tbs of flour.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cream (half&half is fine).
- You need 6 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of rice (uncooked).
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1 of dried bay leaf.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute carrot, celery and onion until tender. The soup turned out wonderfully yet I needed a way to add veggies to my family's diet. Add the rice to the pot. While the soup is cooking, shred the kale.
Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup instructions
- In a large pot, heat oil with butter on medium high heat. Sautee onion and garlic until onion translucent. Then add your carrots and celery, cook for 4 min..
- Add the flour to the pot and cook for 2-3 min. Add your milk and cream to the pot. Cook for 5 more min, the mixture should be pretty thick..
- Add your shredded chicken to the pot and stir to combine. Add all of your chicken stock. Let this cook together for about 20 min. (On medium low).
- After 20 min, add your rice and kale to the pot, cook for another 30 min. (On medium low).
- The longer you let it cook, the thicker it will become..
- Note: if u boil bone in chicken for this recipe. Save the water you boiled the chicken in, just strain it to remove any icky parts and add that to your soup if you dont have stock..
- This makes a lot of soup, the leftovers are even better if you can imagine!!.
Dinner: Chickpea and Rice soup with Kale from the Post Punk Kitchen. Grilled flatbread Cucumbers and tomato wedges No. This creamy, luscious chicken and wild rice soup is quick and easy to make thanks to pre-cooked rice and rotisserie chicken. For the herby cranberry sauce: In a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients for the sauce. Add chicken, kale, cream & serve: Stir-in shredded chicken and slowly pour the cream over hot simmering soup pot.