Recipe: Appetizing Classical Beef Seaweed Soup牛肉海带汤#mommasrecipes
Classical Beef Seaweed Soup牛肉海带汤#mommasrecipes. Korean Seaweed Soup (known as Miyeok guk) is also known as the Korean Birthday Soup. It is customary to eat this soup on your birthday. The thinly sliced beef is seasoned with soup soy sauce and sautéed before being boiled in water.
Seaweeds are especially good for women since it was known to regulate estrogen hormone level. It is famous fact that for hundreds of years, Korean women have been consuming lots of seaweed in a soup form when they are nursing. Learn how to make Korean seaweed soup. You can have Classical Beef Seaweed Soup牛肉海带汤#mommasrecipes using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Classical Beef Seaweed Soup牛肉海带汤#mommasrecipes
- Prepare 1 lb of cooked beef shank, or any cuts.
- You need 1/2 oz of dry kelp.
- You need 1/2 oz of dry wakame.
- Prepare 1/2 pack of firm or soft tofu.
- Prepare 1/2 of zucchini.
- Prepare 4 of mushroom.
- You need 1 cup of mung bean sprouts.
- You need 16 oz of broth from beef shank.
- It’s to taste of Salt, pepper.
This delicious soup is also known as Korean birthday soup. It's easy to make and tastes healthy and nourishing! I personally like the soup made with beef more than any others as I think nothing produces umami rich deep flavor like beef does. Dried seaweed get a very confusing Chinese name "海带", literally mean "kelp".
Classical Beef Seaweed Soup牛肉海带汤#mommasrecipes instructions
- Roast 3 lbs beef shank in the oven at 370F for one hour. Transfer it to a stock pot, and fill up the pot with 5L of water. Drop a spice mix of your choice. Bring it to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for about 2 hrs until very tender..
- Pick up all meat and set aside. Divide the stock into 16 oz jar and save for later use. In the meantime, soak kelp and wakeme in water until soften..
- Next morning, take one can of broth. Add 1L of water. Slice in half onion and add tofu and kelp into the broth. Cook for about 20 minutes on high. Check the doneness of the kelp. Cook longer time if they are still too firm to bite. Add more water if the liquid viporates. Add mung bean sprouts and mushroom and cook for 5 more minutes..
- Add wakeme and zucchini towards the end. Adjust seasoning before serve..
Chinese dried seaweed is imported from I highly recommend you trying dried seaweed soup, since it has a very light unique flavor of umami flavor. MSG is firstly founded and extracted from those. Taiwanese beef noodle soup, or niu rou mian, is a must-have for anyone visiting Taiwan — and a source of homesickness if you're Taiwanese and abroad. She always used star anise and a bit of chile sauce, so her formula was pretty similar to the typical Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup broth. Beef brisket soup is the perfect slow cooking beef dish.