Recipe: Yummy lentil soup.
lentil soup.. Don't settle for bland Lentil Soup! Make it right and you'll have everyone begging for seconds….and thirds… This lentil recipe is one of the best nourishing, simple dishes you can make with dried lentils. Lentils are coupled with vegetables for this family-friendly lentil soup.
The original recipe was my grandmother's, and it actually won first prize when she entered it at a. Lentil soup is a culinary wonder. It's creamy without any dairy, satisfying and protein-packed without Essentially, lentil soup is everything we need right now. You can cook lentil soup. using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of lentil soup.
- It’s 4 of potatoes.
- Prepare 3 stick of celery.
- Prepare 4 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 medium of leek.
- You need 1/2 of savoy cabbage.
- It’s 1 large of bacon shank.
- Prepare 3/4 lb of red lentils.
This lentil soup recipe is a few years in the. This is the best lentil soup plus prep is quick and it's so easy to make! It's packed with fresh veggies, zesty Italian flavors and plenty of protein rich lentils. Lentils are protein-rich and make for great soups, which are so perfect for chilly winter nights.
lentil soup. step by step
- cook the shank in enough water to cover it.
- simmer for approx. 1hour.
- when its cooked remove the shank and let the liquid cool.
- strain the liquid through a strainer.
- add the washed lentils.
- wash and dice the veg.
- add to the soup.
- simmer gently until the veg is almost cooked adding more water if needed.
- cut all the fat off the meat, dice it and add it to the soup.
- check taste before adding any salt.
Try one of the best lentil soup recipes that we've rounded up right here, from red lentil soup to Italian. For a bowl of hearty comfort, try Alton Brown's Lentil Soup recipe, spiced with coriander and cumin, from Good Eats on Food Network. Lentil Soup – super easy, cozy and healthy lentil soup that is huge in flavor. Loaded with earthy and aromatic spices with a little bit of heat. Lentil Soup, My Favorite Way to Prepare This Little Legume.